updated my MBP this morning.

spot0806

My brother was on my MBP this morning and done an update. Since then when i got home from work tonight airport keeps dropping my o2 wireless router and then asks for my password to reconnect to the net. It's done this about 20 times tonight.. Why isn't airport remembering my password?
Before this update airport would drop a few times a day but reconnect without me having to put in the password just wondering if there was a setting that i could use to sort this out.
ps. just done it again when i tried to post this:thumbsdow

Kev12

My brother was on my MBP this morning and done an update. Since then when i got home from work tonight airport keeps dropping my o2 wireless router and then asks for my password to reconnect to the net. It's done this about 20 times tonight.. Why isn't airport remembering my password?
Before this update airport would drop a few times a day but reconnect without me having to put in the password just wondering if there was a setting that i could use to sort this out.
ps. just done it again when i tried to post this:thumbsdow

Try changing the routers wireless channel until you get a full signal on airport.
The update could be a co-incidence and may not be causing this.

spot0806

I have been on this computer all morning and it's dropped i don't know how many times. I'm thinking of getting a Netgear Modem router DG834GT.
Will this be plug and play? Just a case of unplugging the o2 wireless router and plugging this in. I'm not that good on computer stuff like this so the easier the better. Any tips from you guys who have the Netgear router would be good.

sammy4499771

Try updating the firmware on the router. You should be able to download it from the router manufacturers website.

Last edited:

CamFire

Distinguished Member
The DG834GT is great, very stable running 24/7. EXCEPT that the last two versions of the firmware contained a DHCP bug when the clients are Macs. The .16 firmware version is perfect, BUT it has no WPA2-PSK...

EDIT: it is this post on this annoying DHCP issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom