• Stargate (Lionsgate)
• Stir of Echoes (Lionsgate)
• Total Recall (Lionsgate)

September 19, 2006
• The Big Hit (Sony)
• Dinosaur (Buena Vista)
• Eight Below (Buena Vista)
• The Great Raid (Buena Vista)
• Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (Buena Vista)
• A Knight's Tale (Sony)
• S.W.A.T. (Sony)
• Tears of the Sun (Sony)

October 17, 2006
• American Psycho (Lionsgate)
• The Brothers Grimm (Buena Vista)
• Dark Water (Buena Vista)
• First Blood (Lionsgate)
• Gattaca (Sony)
• Glory Road (Buena Vista)
• Gone in 60 Seconds (Buena Vista)
• Haunted Mansion (Buena Vista)
• The Professionals (Sony)
• Saw II (Lionsgate)
• Young Guns (Lionsgate)

October 24, 2006
• Reservoir Dogs (Lionsgate)

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Is Black Hawk Down still scheduled for the 15th August? No packaging info/art/technical info seems to have appeared yet for the title which is odd especially when you consider most of September's releases have already gone to the review sites (SWAT for example). A few forums have reported an unspecified delay but I can't see anything concrete...

Noggin1980

Was Black Hawk Down planned to be the only BD50 release in this group?

A decent set of titles as long as the quality is there, if its not I think it would be benefital to release as few titles as possible and have them all ready to release about 50 titles all in one go with a big marketing push and all in brilliant quality. I don't see another wave of substandard releases helping.

Slightly off topic Looks like New line are waiting untill next year to start releaseing titles. I guess that means no LOTR for any of us untill Christmas 2007.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
if its not I think it would be benefital to release as few titles as possible and have them all ready to release about 50 titles all in one go with a big marketing push and all in brilliant quality. I don't see another wave of substandard releases helping.
I agree. As things stand now many of the BluRay titles available are of unacceptable quality: early BluRay adopters will have to double dip when they are re-released (or get the HD DVDs ;) ). Let's hope the line is drawn here and the releases meet the mark. There are a few solid releases in the list that I will certainly be interested in when I adopt the format.

Just to note though for all those that voted to buy a UK player in this poll - these are US Region A releases that will not play on the upcoming UK players. This is something all early BluRay adopters are going to have to consider: import from the US and have the titles or buy from the UK and have an uncertain range?

Evil Engineer

Novice Member
I know Sony like double dipping but "The Big Hit" appears to be getting two releases in the space of a month! :)

One is bad enough. Bloody awful, that film!

FOXCLOSE

Novice Member
I think Black Hawk Down is being delayed. This was announced as a BD50 disc at the CES show in January.

The list is good, but it will take BD50 discs and more players on the market to get BD production into full swing from Disney, Fox and all the rest of the studios except Universal.

Top Bottom