-Updated- 3770k worth overclocking???

SteDaley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got a New system which includes a Z77 ASrock (per title) and was wondering if anyone had one and if its anygood? Im in the process of building a system to keep for the next few years and if its worth keeping i shall or ill get rid and get something better

-Update-

After reading up on the 3770k is it worth over clocking for games??

cheers

Ste

Last edited:
Is the 3770k worth overclocking???

Is the 3770k worth overclocking???

Yeah, If you already have a decent graphics card but still need more performance for gaming go for it.
Don't OC on the stock HSF though, fit a decent aftermarket cooler first.
Also be aware that heavy OC'ing may reduce the lifespan of your CPU.

Yeah, If you already have a decent graphics card but still need more performance for gaming go for it.
Don't OC on the stock HSF though, fit a decent aftermarket cooler first.
Also be aware that heavy OC'ing may reduce the lifespan of your CPU.

Well I have a 670 gtx but on 1920x1080 on maybe 3 aoc 27 inch monitors... And using a h100 if I get hold of one.... I'm thinking just a mid over clock to 3.8-4???

But if I don't need to or I won't see much improvement I wont

Last edited:
Should be able to get 4GHz before fiddling with voltage, see how it goes. I overclocked my 2500k to 4GHz then 4.5GHz, not a huge difference in most tasks but games like it as most only use a couple of threads.

Last edited:
Should be able to get 4GHz before fiddling with voltage, see how it goes. I overclocked my 2500k to 4GHz then 4.5GHz, not a huge difference in most tasks but games like it as most only use a couple of threads.

Any idea on what procedure to use to get to 3.8?? I know changing multipler to 38 for a start and the card should run stable? Without messing with offsetting voltages? Or should I reduce voltages first and then change multipler?

Here is a guide to overclocking on asrock boards (I have a Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3).

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*

It can get pretty confusing but take one step at a time and things should be sweet. As I said above, 4GHz is easy to reach and will not be detrimental to the lifespan of your CPU, I doubt you will notice any extra heat either.

Maybe's aye, maybe's naw... some games are more CPU dependent than others. ;)

I may push it just up to four and see if i get anything, if not ill just keep it stock, still a beast of a CPU

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom