Update via usb sitck?

Paddy328

Standard Member
Reaction score
I read this can be done, if so how much memory space would i need on it? Had a look in staples today and they are not cheap.

I don't get it.... why would you want top when its auto updates from the net? or software discs if you haven't got the internet.

USB Sticks are dirt cheap mate, about £10 for 1Gb or do you consider that expensive? as I paid £15 for my 128Mb only 3 years ago.

I don't get it.... why would you want top when its auto updates from the net? or software discs if you haven't got the internet.

maybe his PS3 is not connected to the internet?

Well to answer the original question the last update I downloaded was about 95MB

Paid £4.35, that's including postage for my Kingston DataTraveler 1GB one. Received it from Amazon two days ago. Now that's a bargain!

No i dont have it connected to the internet. The memory sticks were 20 quid for a 1 gig and 40 for a 2 gig.

I have only just got broadband last week and my ps3 is not in the same room as my pc. Wouldnt know how to set it up.

Im not the best with pc's.

I always update via usb key, doing it this way I am gauranteed that the file will be downloaded in full. Downloading via the PS3 can be very slow (especially when they have just released it) and you have no idea why, has it crashed, is it just a slow connection etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom