Update!!!Uwell Crown Tank- anybody using one?

owen021173

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi. Took delivery todY of a nice new crown tank.
Superbly built but just set it up, primed the coil, filled it up and away we go[emoji3]
Problem is it gets very hot and it's messed up the voltage on my MVP 3 pro which is not reading correctly.

Is it normal for the tank to get really hot or is it a dodgy coil?

Any advice appreciated

Bought my first Crown tank a couple of months ago and I love it, so much so that I've bought quite a few of them and a load of coils.

I only vape at the 45-50w range, for me that gives great flavour. The bases of mine do get hot as I tend to chain vape with it in the evenings lol. I wouldn't worry too much about the tank base getting hot, that's perfectly normal tbh, especially if you're vaping at higher wattages.

Can't think why yours would mess up the voltage on your mod though - unless you're using temp control and you forgot to set the resistance of the coil when it was at room temp. That'd mess with the readings. Love the Crown tank.

Thanks for replying.
I'm using an MVP 3.0. Pro which isn't a tc device. I only vape at 4.0v around 30w and been perfect with the iSub G tank it came with so I'm not pushing it I don't think. The isub stays cold and doesn't hold any heat that's why I'm concerned . Just had a few vapes and I can't even rest my lip on the bottom as its that hot. Is yours that hot ?
Cheers mate

Using a .25 coil in the crown
ImageUploadedByAVForums1447448958.860721.jpg
t
ImageUploadedByAVForums1447448977.602077.jpg

If the tank is getting too hot, at that low wattage then I suspect your airflow might not be sufficient. I use the 0.35 ohm coil at anywhere between 80-100w and have no problems with heat. The base get's a bit warm but not too hot to touch. How is your airflow set?

2nd click on mate so airflow is not fully open.
It's behaving a lot better but still gets quite warm.
The retailer is aware as I have sent them a message but no reply as yet although I suspect it will come back as normal.
Thanks

Spent a few days umming and arring over this Crown tank but decided to stick with it.
Was/am having issues with the heat it can generate but more so of late the burnt taste from coils. Having looked around the interweb s evens it's a common problem which is down to priming of the coil.
Once patiently primed it takes a while for flavour to come through but now it's settled down its great. Every vape full of flavour, the build quality is solid and top filling is a godsend over bottom fill.
Definatly recommend this tank as I will be getting another , just take your time with the coils.
Thanks

Yeah cant rush the coils more so with these as they are so big.
Anazing tank, had no issues with heating up, even at 80+ watts i had a dozen consectutive blasts and was only a tiny fraction warm no more than other tanks can.
Try using full airflow this tank dont have massive flow even full, less than my triton does anyway.

Yeah mate think I've sussed the coils. Still tastes funny at the start but once broken in its lovely.
Still gets quite hot at times but I'm riding it out [emoji3]
Cheers

Highly recommend using this video as a guide to breaking the Crown coils in. Using this method I've never had a problem with a coil and they've all lasted at least 2 weeks for me.

Highly recommend using this video as a guide to breaking the Crown coils in. Using this method I've never had a problem with a coil and they've all lasted at least 2 weeks for me.

Haha ... That's the one I watched bud,Very useful I found it.
Quite impressed with it now. Doesn't seem to be as juicy as some and have some slight weeping near the bottom at times but all in all I'm thinking of getting a couple more.

Thanks to all who have commented and offered advice [emoji3]

Although I moderate this section with others, I am absolutely confused by the technical terminology in here, but it sounds good none the less.

Been a long while since posting but having issues with this tank again or more so the coils.
Been getting my coils from the same vendor for over a year but of late they don't seem to lasting very long.
Anyone else noticed any issues? Mine seem to burn out within a week but still using the same juice and equipment . :(

Never had issues with these prob the best lasting coils ive used (0.25@ 70-80w). Ive not used mine for a couple of months tho moved to and love my rdas now but ive used some almost constant bar having other tank in use and swapping about in work etc for 3weeks + with only small lack of flavour drop. really notice how much better after put a fresh one in tho. but burned out? not really.
Not to forget my 3weeks might be somebodys 1 week but id say you could get 30-50ml thru one no probs.
Run new coil in very carefully and should have no issues.

Never had issues with these prob the best lasting coils ive used (0.25@ 70-80w). Ive not used mine for a couple of months tho moved to and love my rdas now but ive used some almost constant bar having other tank in use and swapping about in work etc for 3weeks + with only small lack of flavour drop. really notice how much better after put a fresh one in tho. but burned out? not really.
Not to forget my 3weeks might be somebodys 1 week but id say you could get 30-50ml thru one no probs.
Run new coil in very carefully and should have no issues.

Thanks mate , kind of eases any worries of dodgy or fake coils then.
I use the .25 ones also with my MVP pro at max 60w but more than likely my issue is my liquid consumption..... average 20ml per day [emoji3] just strange how it's only been these last couples of months that they taste burnt and go black, even collapsing sometimes into the airway...yuk [emoji23]
Might ask my juice vendor if he's made any changes to his mixes

Thanks

Must be the consumption then yeah ive never went thru that much so a week at that rate sounds more than fine to me. Only a couple of quid a week after all. :smashin: I bought a bundle of them on couple of occasions from fasttech as quite cheap as was like getting 5 packs for price of 4, but with £ low now that might not be quite as cheap.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom