1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update to missing Hardware Acceleration

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Stewart C, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had to delete my message about DVD Genie.

It is Power DVD configuration that is giving me the message "no hardware accelation".

Comments Please

Thanks

------------------
    Stewart C

An amateur but an enthusiast

2. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have managed to get the Hardware acceleration to work (partly). I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia and it helped. The hardware detection now sees GEForce256, In use or not in use. I can use it with NTSC only. If I check the box the film plays (Region 1). When I put a Region 2 in an error message appears "Error Code FS30002 The hardware accelerated decoding function provided by your display card is not available"

Help !!

------------------
    Stewart C

An amateur but an enthusiast

3. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should see a program called CLDMA.exe in the Power DVD folder.
    Quit Power DVD, run CLDMA.exe incase Power DVD hasn't already run it on your card.
    If it HAS been previously run with your current graphics card, it will tell you.
    Then remove any DVD from your PC and start Power DVD. Right-click in the main window and you should be able to set hardware acceleration.
    You are not allowed to do it if Power DVD is already playing a DVD.