Update this morning - new model number?

Stu72

Standard Member
Hello all, woke up this morning, turned my HD box on & the demo channel was on, which normally means an update. However, the only thing that's changed is my model number.

I've got a sky engineer coming this afternoon in an unrelated issue, so yesterday I made a note of all my system details. The model number was 607120N, but has now changed to 607120Q, everything else is the same; has anyone got any ideas why this would have changed? Btw, I had the anytime update at the beginning of the month, so I don't think it's anything to do with that. Is it just a coincience that this has happened the day an engineer is booked? Weird, eh?

Any suggestions gratefully received, cheers, Stu.

giz1495

Standard Member
Cant shed much light on this, but just to let you know i came down to the same thing this morning, i could not see any changes so i thought maybe it had crashed overnight so came on here to check, i never looked at the model number. wonder why that has changed, anyone?

jimborae

Yep mines changed too

Stu72

Standard Member
Just noticed on this thread - "Manual Radio Record Bug" - that an update overnight has cured this bug, but why it should be the model number changing & not the operating system, I still have no idea. Stu

S

sminc

Ah, I guess that explains why I got my update from 3.10q to 5.02f last night then.

My model number is also now Q.

angel_dust

I changed the cables on my SkyHD box from HDMI to component last week and since I then I've been noticing a picture judder on all HD channels. Switched on tonight to find the Picture quality was back to perfect after the update.
Very strange. But I'm happy again.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom