UPDATE Sony: PSN still on track to resume service this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayaan

Established Member
Reaction score
UPDATE Sony: PSN still on track to resume service this week

http://www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PSNetwork.png

Community Team Leader on EU Forums has just let everyone know that PSN is still on track to resume service for this week.

Hey guys,
I would love to be able to give you new information, and right now there isn’t any available.
I’m asking lots of questions but at the moment all I’m being told is that the “last update still stands” eg – Some PlayStation Network services will be restored this week.
The very second I hear anything new, it will be passed on to you. I’m also keeping a note of your feedback throughout this outage, so keep posting it.
Much love,
MB

Source
Re: Could we have a progress report please? - Page 3 - Official PlayStation® Community -PlayStation.com

UPDATE

Insomniac Community James Stevenson has tweeted that he’s preparing a blog post to be posted on the PS Blog next week, which suggests that PSN should be online before the end of this week or at the start of next week.
Here’s what he said: writing a fun playstation blog for next week
Sony had earlier confirmed that they plan to bring back a few features of PSN before this week ends, in phases (region by region) and this statement goes down well to suggest that they’re still going to do that, although, it’s almost the end of the week. If everything works according to plan, PSN should be backonline by Saturday, hopefully.
We’ll keep you updated.

Source
Insomniac tweet hints that PSN would be back before next week - GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog

I just want the Store back, Sony in their infinite wisdom removed the demo disc from the Move stater pack because "you can download them all from PSN instead" Fail

I got it just after it was shut down and not expecting it to be gone over 2 weeks with only Dead Space Extraction(Wii port) Heavy Rain(patched to work with move) and Killzone 3 (oh dear its crap with motion controls) to keep me going lol

Cerberus30000 said:
I just want the Store back, Sony in their infinite wisdom removed the demo disc from the Move stater pack because "you can download them all from PSN instead" Fail

I got it just after it was shut down and not expecting it to be gone over 2 weeks with only Dead Space Extraction(Wii port) Heavy Rain(patched to work with move) and Killzone 3 (oh dear its crap with motion controls) to keep me going lol

They have said previously on their blog that they store will not be back up until about the end of may.

They have updated the blog and it now says they are in final stages of testing the updated PSN.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

Last edited:
Looks like there was a clue with the 1 month free scrip to plus, 17 days now!

Just noticed on the official blog. Ps3 users get 2 free games. Psp users also get 2 free games. Now how dose that work 4 people like me who owns both ps3 & psp? Do we get 4 games in total? 2 ps3 & 2 psp or u think we will have to decide out of 2 free ps3 games or 2 psp games.

Nah i bet there will be some disclaimer in there saying: total 2 new games per household or something, hope you get four though

Just noticed on the official blog. Ps3 users get 2 free games. Psp users also get 2 free games. Now how dose that work 4 people like me who owns both ps3 & psp? Do we get 4 games in total? 2 ps3 & 2 psp or u think we will have to decide out of 2 free ps3 games or 2 psp games.
I would assume you'd get all 4. I also own a PS3 and PSP Go and I don't see why it should be one or the other for people who have spent more money on Sony products than those who just own either a PS3 or PSP. I'm pretty sure we'll get all 4, but I'm only saying that because I think it makes sense and it's what's implied, not because I know it's gonna happen.

Where did you read 2 free games? will it be a Minis games?

Just read, hopefully these are games to keep and not for the duration of your subscription with playstation plus..

Last edited:
I'm just guessing it means 2 games will be at no cost, from a choice of 5.

That's the way I'm reading it anyway

I'm just guessing it means 2 games will be at no cost, from a choice of 5.

That's the way I'm reading it anyway

That's definitely what they mean imo as well.

Can't say I've missed not having the PS3 on so it's a bonus if we get something out of this outtage.

when will we able to choose the 2 games??

So it must be today? I mean, it's the weekend and i doubt they'd restore service on a Saturday.

fliping joke this, if my ps3 ever does die, its the end of the road for me and sony.

fliping joke this, if my ps3 ever does die, its the end of the road for me and sony.

I totally agree I was going to buy the Xbox 360 but when I found out you had to pay for it and no blu ray player etc etc then I said to myself forget it, so I waited until last year to buy the 320GB version with 3 games plus another brand new controller, ps3 blue ray remote control and 3 years of warranty for around £380. From now on I will not buy the PS3 as their PR dept. cant even communicate to us what is happening etc etc and lost our details.. This is a major blow to Sony but Xbox had been down a number of times before though...

Anyway a simple question give us more facts about the new launch date for PSN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom