Update PC

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
I have a PC that is about 10 years old, and beginning to have issues, and I'm thinking about updating it. Most likely I'll need a few more parts

Monitor is 27" Freesync Display port
ATI 480
24GB RAM
PCI-E soundcard
PCI-E NVME adater with 1TB drive
2.5" 500GB
1TB WD Black HDD
850W PSU

I do like Gigabyte motherboards. Ryzen look pretty good
I presume best to buy new PSU just in case this one is dying, as having stability issues. Unless the PSU can be tested under load?
Are GPUS stupidly priced still?

JollyJamma

Hi. Sounds like you could use an upgrade.

WHat's your budget?

Can you describe the current issues you are having in specific detail? Is the system instability when you're using a specific app or is it random?

It could be PSU, it could also be some other reason for the instability including motherboard or RAM.

I have a PC that is about 10 years old, and beginning to have issues, and I'm thinking about updating it. Most likely I'll need a few more parts

Monitor is 27" Freesync Display port
ATI 480
24GB RAM
PCI-E soundcard
PCI-E NVME adater with 1TB drive
2.5" 500GB
1TB WD Black HDD
850W PSU

I do like Gigabyte motherboards. Ryzen look pretty good
I presume best to buy new PSU just in case this one is dying, as having stability issues. Unless the PSU can be tested under load?
Are GPUS stupidly priced still?
When you say "updating it" assuming the list of parts is the old stuff?

What is your budget and what do you intend to use it for? This is the biggest factor when deciding really, what resolution will you be targeting IF you game and will want to be able to play at full settings at that res? 1080, 2k, 4k.
GPU pries are better of late but they are still not at the level pre-mining and human malware

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom