Update On US Shows for the UK!

How is it a good thing that Sky buy up more channels, decide to close them and then transfer shows from freeview to subscription?

Sky have also tied down all HBO content. The BBC get criticised for some of their foreign expenditure but I think few would argue with them broadcasting Mad Men and The Wire on the two main channels

Its a good thing for me as I pay for Sky HD and I will (hopefully) get to see Yvonne Straczynski (god thats a mouthfull:devil:) in all her HD Glory.

That is of course if Living get the HD version as I see that they are not showing the new Nikita in HD. I also get to see it much sooner than I thought I would as it starts in two weeks rather than the 6 to 8 months I assumed it would from past series experience.

I in no way meant to malign people who only get Freeview and to be honest I wasnt even aware that Virgin 1 was a Freeview channel as I havnt looked at the freeview lineup in many years now.
Unfortunatly in this world you get what you pay for. Sky for £27 a month = many great shows that I love to watch. Freeview for zero a month = loosing out to sky on all the shows they cant afford (or outbid sky) to buy.

At the end of the day im just trying to inform people when new shows are starting so they can (if they can receive them) enjoy them as much as I do.

Chuck S4 14 October Living :clap:

Last edited:
Also maybe just maybe if people had actually watched Virgin 1 etc and put more money into Virgin then instead of whining about Sky. BSkyB having a true competitor might have worked out and driven some competition into the pay tv market.

People clearly are watching Virgin 1 because why else would Virgin get bought up by Sky? Virgin 1 (+ Living & Bravo) was a clear competitor to Sky and with a mass of US shows unavailable on Freeview you can bet there will be more subscribers to Sky.

Soon Sky won't have any competition as it won't be long until they have a clear monopoly on TV.

Last edited:
According to Digiguide S3 of Sanctuary starts on 26th October.
SCIENCE FICTION SERIES: Sanctuary
On: Watch (109)
Date: Tuesday 26th October 2010 (starting in 23 days)
Time: 21:00 to 22:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)

An anytime alert is set for 15 minutes before the programme starts
Firewall. Series 3, episode 1.
Gripping sci-fi mystery series. Will suffers from amnesia regarding the events of his near-death experience. Some unwanted visitors try to find what is locked in his memory.
(Widescreen, 2007, PG, 4 Star)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Reminder: Sanctuary' and 'Favourite: Sanctuary' markers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from DigiGuide For Windows - UK and Ireland desktop TV guide for your PC providing 14 days TV listings for over 620 channels

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

There's always a time to talk about the rights and wrongs of Sky's business model, but actually I was not knocking it on this occasion. How was I not? See the specific sentence I was quoting. Thanks

so let me get this right, Sanctuary has now moved to Watch?

I wonder if this was ever going to be advertised?

Perhaps I should wait until its on SYFY, god knows what state it'll be in on Watch.

oh and in my opinion SKY should NEVER have been allowed to buy out virgin like that. Whats the Monopolies commision thinking?

so let me get this right, Sanctuary has now moved to Watch?

I wonder if this was ever going to be advertised?

Perhaps I should wait until its on SYFY, god knows what state it'll be in on Watch.

Yes for some reason (probably advertising revenues versus rights costs) ITV dropped or failed to win new rights to a number of US imports and Supernatural and Sanctuary were both solid performers for the company.

I only heard about Watch getting Sanctuary after it was announced on the Sanctuary website and other portals but Syfy are known for being scissor happy with their broadcasts so who knows Watch may handle it better. Sanc was actually one of the very few shows I watched on an ITV channel and didn't download.

oh and in my opinion SKY should NEVER have been allowed to buy out virgin like that. Whats the Monopolies commision thinking?

Why shouldn't VM be denied the maximum return for their asset?
They are after all a public listed company same SKY both free of PSB requirements and of course VM customers benefit both in a huge cash investment but also a deal which brings a number of HD channels to their V+ boxes.

The regulator probably though it was a good deal for both VM and SKY and was the result of a fair and open tender and bidding process. This is at the end of the day only television and not even PSB at that.

but hasn't VM just become another platform for viewing $ky? Without their own channels, VM is exactly just that.

Murdoch now pretty much owns all subscription tv in the UK.

Lie to Me season 3 airs in the US tomorrow (4 Oct). Any word on when it airs here?

Lie to Me season 3 airs in the US tomorrow (4 Oct). Any word on when it airs here?

Sky website is saying January 2011 at the moment.

Another new show called "Shattered" starring Callum Keith Rennie starts on Hallmark (Which is being changed to the Universal Channel) on 18th October.

It looks quite interesting and Rennie is a great actor so he may be able to pull it off.

Heres a synopsis.

SHATTERED which launches on 18th October, follows tough, smart homicide detective Ben Sullivan (acclaimed actor Callum Keith Rennie – 24, Flashforward, Battlestar Galactica, Californication) as he races to solve the murder cases that cross his desk daily, with the help of his partner Detective Amy Lynch (Camille Sullivan – Intelligence, Reunion, Da Vinci’s Inquest). Sullivan, however, suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder and his career as a successful homicide detective - as well as his personal life - soon face considerable pressure from his secret condition. Sullivan never knows which personality, Jack, Hal or Tyler, will surface and the effect it will have on him and those around him.

Whats with watch getting hold of new programmes all of a sudden?

Why shouldn't VM be denied the maximum return for their asset?
They are after all a public listed company same SKY both free of PSB requirements and of course VM customers benefit both in a huge cash investment but also a deal which brings a number of HD channels to their V+ boxes.

The regulator probably though it was a good deal for both VM and SKY and was the result of a fair and open tender and bidding process. This is at the end of the day only television and not even PSB at that.

But it's not about Virgin Media selling their asset for the most return it's about one-company being so huge there's no competition. I can't see how the regulator thinks losing one of the best entertainment channels on free view is a good idea, letting Sky increase their stranglehold on the best TV. After all if Tesco's wanted to buy out Sainsbury's the Competition Commission would prevent it. When it comes to entertainment There are some dodgy decisions. You only need to look at Love Film, five years or so ago there was loads of competition now they have bought up and merged with every other company leaving only a couple of companies in the on line DVD rental business.

That is of course if Living get the HD version as I see that they are not showing the new Nikita in HD.

While the Thursday showing doesn't appear to be in HD the sunday repeat at 8pm does, according to the Sky EPG.:confused:

cheers, count

Just got my new TV magazine today and on the back page it always lists highlights for the following week. The big highlight is 'The Event' on C4.

No date but it will definitely be on sometime between Oct 16th and Oct 22nd.

Just got my new TV magazine today and on the back page it always lists highlights for the following week. The big highlight is 'The Event' on C4.

No date but it will definitely be on sometime between Oct 16th and Oct 22nd.

Yep it starts 22nd 9pm

Yep it starts 22nd 9pm

Great :rolleyes: That makes, The Event, The Mentalist, Medium and NCIS all on at 21.00 hrs on a friday.

I am so screwed.

Law & Order: Criminal Intent Season 9 starts on the 20th at 9pm on the Hallmark (universal) channel

Another new series for Viva.

Pretty Little Liars starts on Thursday 21st October at 20.00 hrs

The possibility exists that series 3 of Lie to Me is coming to sky1 on October 20th at 22.00 hrs

Its listed as episode to be announced, i cant see any reason they would do that for an old episode so hopefully its the new series.

Also, E4 seem to have snuck a series called Life Unexpected into the schedules at 20.00 hrs on a sunday (with a repeat at a god forsaken time on a wednesday early in the morning, something like 2am)

The first 4 epsiodes have aired already (the fourth can be seen again wednesday morning) but ive just watched the first one on 4od and really enjoyed it (the first episode is only on there for another 5 days)

And a plus point for it is it stars Shiri Appleby :devil::thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom