Update On US Shows for the UK!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The following transmission notes apply to US shows due-to-air in the UK, or that have started recently in the US, and are on in the UK already. Sadly, it's not good news in many cases, either. :(

The Big Bang Theory
- Season 3 running on E4, then Channel 4 about a week later

Bones
- Season 5 on Sky 1. Episode 11 airs in US tomorrow, then delayed until 4th Feb with a further 2 episodes, then delayed until end of March for more episodes. Sky 1 will probably bring the show back in mid-to-late February.

Burn Notice
- Season 2 concludes on FX, with episodes 12-16 inc. Season 3 to start later in the year.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Season 10, just started on Five

CSI: NY
- Season 6, just started on Five

Damages
- Season 3, should be on BBC1 from late-Feb to early March.

Dexter
- Season 3 on ITV1, hopefully in early-February. Season 4 on FX, around April/May.

Dollhouse
- Season 2 continues on Sci-Fi, but show has now been officially cancelled!

Eastwick
- The series concludes on Hallmark, with episodes 9-13, but the series has now been officially concelled in the US!

FlashForward
- Season 1 not returning in the USA until March 18th, so it won't be back on Five until the end of March at the earliest! :(

Glee
- Season 1, running on E4, then starting on Saturday 16th Jan at 5:35pm on Channel 4

House
- Season 6, Episode 11 aired a couple of nights ago, and the series should return to Sky 1 and 2, by the end of January 2010.

Hung
- Season 2 will start in Autumn 2010 on More4

In Plain Sight
- Season 1 to be shown later this year, on ITV1, followed by a repeat of Season 2. No details r.e. Season 3.

In Treatment
- Season 2 to be shown later this year, on Sky Arts 1/2. No details about Season 1 repeats or transmissions on another channel.

Law & Order
- Season 17 should come to Five in a month or two.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Season 11 already started on Hallmark, with the first 7 episodes. Will return in late-Jan to early-Feb 2010.

Leverage
- Season 1 starts on Bravo, in less than 2 weeks time. Scheduling time/days still to be officially confirmed!

Lie To Me
- Season 2 concludes, with this truncated 10-episode season on Sky 1, and then Season 3 should start in Autumn 2010.

The Listener
- Season 2 has been confirmed. Will return to Canadian TV later this year, and to FX, in Summer 2010.

Lost
- Season 6 starts in the US on February 6th. Will be on Sky 1, roughly 7-10 days afterwards.

Mad Men
- Season 3 starts on BBC4 mid-to-late February 2010.

NCIS
- Season 7 continues on FX. Season 6 starts 13th Jan on Five.

Nip/Tuck
- Season 6 now running on FX! :)

Numb3rs
- Season 6 starts on 13th Jan on Five.

Nurse Jackie
- Season 1 currently on BBC2, Monday nights at 10pm. Season 2 should air towards late-Autumn, also on the BBC.

Rescue Me
- Season 6 confirmed for the USA, but unlikely to air in the UK, as Season 5 was never bought by any UK channel. DVD releases of Season 4 onwards look even less remote, due to the limited sales of previous Seasons here in Britain.

The Secret Diary Of A Call-Girl
- Series 3 due on ITV2 from 25th January. Scheduling details still to be officially confirmed.

Sons Of Anarchy
- Season 2 due to start late-Jan on Bravo.

Stargate Universe
- Currently on Season 1, episode 10 in December 09, and not returning in the USA until April 2010 at the earliest. Sky 1 has been repeating the first 2 episodes (Air, Parts 1 and 2), but no further transmissions have yet been announced.

True Blood
- Season 2 to start on FX within the next 6 weeks.

The Tudors
- Season 4 to come to BBC2 later this year.

- Day 8 to start in USA on Sunday 17th Jan. Should air towards the end of the month/early February on Sky 1 and 2.

Ugly Betty
- Season 4 to start on E4/Channel 4 mid-Summer 2010.

V
- Season 1 to start on the UK Sci-Fi Channel, in February 2010, with the Pilot Movie, and then the first 3 episodes. By then, the US should be starting with episode 4, and the UK should be able to play catch-up within a 7-10 day window, if we're lucky.

Pooch

Thanks Pooch - any news on Supernatural's return to ITV?

Lie To Me
- Season 2 concludes, with this truncated 10-episode season on Sky 1, and then Season 3 should start in Autumn 2010.

Good info, thanks Pooch. :thumbsup:

I'm a bit confused about Lie to Me though....

I read recently that they were going to reunite a load of cast members from The Shield for a future episode, yet it appears this series has now finished and was only 10 episodes long. :confused:

House isn't due back on sky until sometime in March:)

And Bones isnt back till "the Summer" according to This site from Sky 1 listing all the dates when stuff is coming back

Including Fringe in March, NCIS LA in March and Stargate Universe in April

Any sign of Breaking Bad season 3?

Thanks Pooch, the non-Sky, non-US-pirating, UK pace watchers seem neglected here, but a few do exist :hiya: so always good to know whats on boring normal Freeview UK TV :thumbsup:

Thanks Pooch, the non-Sky, non-US-pirating, UK pace watchers seem neglected here, but a few do exist :hiya: so always good to know whats on boring normal Freeview UK TV :thumbsup:

yeah I must admit I'm becoming disillusioned with freeview TV as there seems to be a large gulf developing between that and Sky. More shows need to drip through to freeview and also needs to be promoted.

Hi,

Any sign of Breaking Bad season 3?

Nope, not yet. As far as I know, no UK broadcaster has decided to bid for the rights to it. If anyone does go for it, it will be FiveUSA, but only because FX didn't want Season 2 (which FiveUSA aired over Christmas/New Year).

Pooch

How about "Damages"?
Any word on its return to the UK?

Any news on Smallville?:hiya:

I think hell will freeze over or Krypton will reform before E4 ever get round to showing the new series.

Last edited:
Hi,

JayCee:
How about "Damages"? Any word on its return to the UK?

Yes, if you re-read my original post, you'll find the information there! ;)

And Battle's right: Smallville probably won't be returning to Channel 4 anytime soon. Having said that, didn't E4 start/finish showing Season 8/9 in September/October 2009, if my memory serves?! :confused:

Pooch

Desperate housewives returns on channel 4 on the 27th which is a Wednesday.

Any info on a start date for Season 2 of Sanctuary on Sci-Fi, missed the ITV showings and was hoping to catch it in HD anyway. Also Legend of the Seeker series 2?

TIA

Desperate housewives returns on channel 4 on the 27th which is a Wednesday.

Any idea if Series 5 beig re-run any time soon. Got half of it sat on a very tempremental Thompson box (PSU already replaced) and have held off watching it in the hope it'll be repeated.

Any idea if Series 5 beig re-run any time soon. Got half of it sat on a very tempremental Thompson box (PSU already replaced) and have held off watching it in the hope it'll be repeated.

Just checked channel fours website and it look as though your out of luck.

Channel fours website states the next episode of the show to be shown is series 6 episode 1.

It looks like your only hope to catch up is dvd.

Just checked channel fours website and it look as though your out of luck.

Channel fours website states the next episode of the show to be shown is series 6 episode 1.

It looks like your only hope to catch up is dvd.

Thats what I thought but didnt relish paying £30 for something I'll only ever watch once plus not being a DVD collecter our player is rubbish!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom