Update on Richer sounds Horror story

P

Pauly

For those who were interested in my last thread regarding trying to purchase an amp off richer-sounds,heres an update

They are out of stock!!!

They arrange to pick up one from a London store

The courier turns up and is turned away (they can't find my address)

I call the next day to find out when the courier will go back

the only guy there who has any idea and was dealing with it is ill!!

The supervisor takes over and arranges the courier

then comes the all time classic.....................he tellsme that they ony have half of the item(its a power amp & pre amp)

So he then starts ringing all the stores................only to realise they have the other part(the power amp in the warehouse)

So i had the powert amp delivered this morning.......and the other half was being picked up yesterday.........................or so i thought
i called the hotline at 12.00 today..........they cant find out where or if the courier has been to pick it up!!!!

To be continued......:mad:

I too have had problems with richersounds. I tried to order a oneforall6. The web site would not take the order, so phoned & was that there was a £5 charge. The remote arrived, but was not the one pictured but an older model. I complained and was told to phone & they would credit me the delivery charge. This they still have not done. They offered to change it for a cambridge m500. I have sent countless e-mails since but nothing has happened. I hope others can learn from this & DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM RICHERSOUNDS AGAIN unless they see it in a shop & know it it the correct one and won't be duped be them

I recently purchased from Richer Sounds Ireland, and this really is a superb shopping experiance.

Ordered on Monday - stuff arrive Wednesday but was damaged - phoned store and manager arranged for replacement and collection of damaged article- new stuff arrived Friday.

No quibble at all, always polite and happy to help 3 phone calls to update me on status of order and all the staff in the store knew what was going on - SUPERB :-|)))))))))

If you bought with a credit card you have certain rights. Check out the small print in your cards contract. They will stand by you in the event of a retailer ripping you off.

S

I've always found Richer sounds OK, not that I've bought a great deal from them. My Servo 15 sub died on me last week, so I phoned them. "No problem," they said "we have another in stock" :eek: Seeings these things are difficult to get hold of now I was amazed. Half an hour later I had a brand new sub. Can't ask for more than that.

Cheers Rob.

Richer Sounds are great as long as you know what you want. If not, they can be the worst company in the world.

I've ordered a fair few things from Richer Sounds, never had any problems, even a postcard from Julian. Perhaps you've been unlucky this time. I have total confidence in them, as the man said, as long as you know what you want.

I've just got a Philips Pronto from them and was very happy. I had seen it on their web site for £150 but didn't want to wait and run the risk of it going walkies in the post (a big problem in Milton Keynes, 7 mail sack pulled out of the canal not so long ago) so I went into their shop, knowing about the 10% surcharge.

I went in on a busy Saturday afternoon, saw one behind the counter and asked if I could open the box (I never was sure how big it was). I then asked how much to be told £199.95, to which I replied "it's only £150 on you web site", "Oh yes, we're supposed to charge an extra 10%, but I can't be bothered to work it out, £149.95 please".

I nearly told him it's £15 mate, but didn't want to appear to be a maths expert.:devil:

Ordered my Pioneer DV340 off their site, took 2 days to arrive but was broken. Went into their Watford store and had it swapped for a Wharfdale DVD 750s there and then.

Yes there was a problem, but they sorted it nice and quick. Thumbs up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom