• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Update my Yamaha RX675. 4k needed

MMachine78

Hi,

I have recently purchased an LH oled 65C6V and have a shield that I am running though my Yamaha RX675.
I have just realised after setting up the amp only does 4k at 30hz, I run Netflix and other apps through the shield.
Could someone recommend me an amp that does 4k at 60hz? I assume that's needed for a better pic?
I guess I also need to think about potential Dolby vision support too if they support this??
I am just running some Q acoustic 7000 speakers and q acoustic sub and then sky, blue ray player, shield and will get the Xbox one X when out.
I'm not really up on amps and have been doing a bit of reading but always find people's suggestions on here useful!!
Thanks in advance

dante01

Distinguished Member
What is your budget?

Two options that are roughly comparable to your current AV receiver would be either the Denon AVRX2300 or the Yamaha RXV681. Both have the abilities you are looking (UHD and HDCP 2.2 compliance) for and will both receive updates towards the end of this year enabling them to handle (passthrough) Dolby Vision HDR. THey are also well discounted at this point in time die to being replaced by newer models. All of the DEnon's HDMI inputs are both UHD and HDCP 2.2 compliant, but only 3 of the Yamaha's inputs are fully compliant.

Last edited:

MMachine78

Thanks for the reply...Budget is probably £400 max so looks like both are in my budget. Out of the 2 which one do people usually recommend?
I guess with the Yamaha 3
Inputs is fine, I have my shield, Xbox one x when out ...do I also need my tv through a UHD pass through?
Also thinking sky Q at somepoint!
Cheers

dante01

Distinguished Member
You'd connect the receiver's HDMI output to an HDMI input on the TV. The outputs on both receivers are fully UHD and HDCP 2.2 compliant.

The Denon is the more popular and slghly cheaper option, but the Yamaha is the slighly better built option and probably the one that has has least issues since its launch. It would ulyimately be a matter for you to determine based upon you auditioning them in relation to your own listening preferences. Both are very good value for money right now and would both be within your budget. The DEnon may be better for you given that it will give you more leeway to passthrough more than just 3 UHD sources and will thus allow you to add more than just you currently proposed 3 UHD sources.

MMachine78

You'd connect the receiver's HDMI output to an HDMI input on the TV. The outputs on both receivers are fully UHD and HDCP 2.2 compliant.

The Denon is the more popular and slghly cheaper option, but the Yamaha is the slighly better built option and probably the one that has has least issues since its launch. It would ulyimately be a matter for you to determine based upon you auditioning them in relation to your own listening preferences. Both are very good value for money right now and would both be within your budget. The DEnon may be better for you given that it will give you more leeway to passthrough more than just 3 UHD sources and will thus allow you to add more than just you currently proposed 3 UHD sources.

Understood....really appreciate the info! Would have probably gone for the Yamaha if more UHD sources but will have a think and maybe see if I can demo them...cheers!

MMachine78

Does anyone know if ARC works better with an LG 65c6V on either the Yamaha or Denon? I keep reading about people having issues and if one works better than the other that will probably sway my decision!
I have got a harmony remote but would rather it just 'work' than to have to be messing about the delay commands etc!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom