Update 4.0.0

JAy3001

Established Member
Reaction score
So apparently a new update has landed that features video capture, edit and share. But of more interest you can now backup your saves and profiles to a new console.

Anybody checked this out yet? Mine is packed in a box under the bed for Xmas. I know this is not a save backup as such, but handy if your console does bork out so at least Nintendo can transfer the data or you can to a new console.

Nintendo Switch now has video capture and save data transfer built in

Last edited:
Only issue as far as I know is for the transfer to work both consoles need to be on and near each other.
So if your original Switch is borked as you put it then it might not be of much use to do the transfer anyway.

Only issue as far as I know is for the transfer to work both consoles need to be on and near each other.
So if your original Switch is borked as you put it then it might not be of much use to do the transfer anyway.

It's a step closer to sorting out the biggest problem with the console but it needs cloud save ability asap, this is more important than anything else on the Switch even more important than more games

I suppose this is were Nintendo comes in if you send your console back for repair maybe they can do it?

If that is so then I will be very happy !! , I still haven't started master quest mode in Zelda for this exact reason :)

It's a step closer to sorting out the biggest problem with the console but it needs cloud save ability asap, this is more important than anything else on the Switch even more important than more games
I agree it's a huge problem, but I think that it is equally as important as new games. No new games = less support, less people buying the console. The more games and diverse they are the more people will buy the console and apply pressure to Nintendo to sort out the save issue.

Someone mentioned a joycon update, how do I do that ??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom