Upcoming LCDs in May/June

barghest

Established Member
Reaction score
Which new screens can we expect to be released in the May/June/July period?

Toshiba X series - 1080P - 1.3 HDMI - 24p - 10bit?
Samsung M86/M87/N86 - 1080P - 1.3 HDMI - NOT 24p - 10bit
LG - Y Series - 1080P - 1.3 HDMI? - 24p - 10bit
LG - F65/F66 - 1080P - 1.3 HDMI? - 24p - 8bit?
LG - C55 - ?
Panasonic 700 series - ?
Sharp - ?
Sony - D3000/S3000 - NOT 1080P - 1.3 HDMI - 24p - 10bit
Aldi - ?

The panasonic 700 series should be out around that time.

Thanks guys.

The specs for the new LG screens sounds interesting. 10 bit panels, as well as 1080p24 support on some screens. Any ideas on a UK release?

The new Sony screens are a bit disappointing...

Any web info on the Panasonic 700 screens?

I was going to go for a M* series Samsung, but I'm not so sure know. The glare, and the lack of confirmed 1080p24 support is putting me off. Might even be tempted to head in the direction of Toshiba.

Is it Just Me ?, I don't get all this reflective Piano black finish...Sure It looks nice but one of the great things about LCD's is You don't get reflections from the Panel's, Seems Styling seems to be more important to the manufacturers.

Is it Just Me ?, I don't get all this reflective Piano black finish...Sure It looks nice but one of the great things about LCD's is You don't get reflections from the Panel's, Seems Styling seems to be more important to the manufacturers.

Reflective panels DO make an difference. I have an NEC MultiSync 20WGX with an Opticlear panel, and it is wonderfully clear. Reflections can be hellish if I point it in the wrong direction...

I agree with you about LCD frames. They act as dust magnets if they are not designed correctly, and they too should not have an reflective finish.

Updated. I need to double-check some of the information.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom