1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming HD Ready LCD Screens within the next 4 months

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Random Hajile, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Having canceled my order of the samsung le26r41b due to the screen tearing issue, i was just wondering what other HD LCD screens are out there now or immanent within the next 4 months ready for the xbox 360.

I`ve been looking at the new LG 32LX2R model, not sure how much or when its out though. Anyone know?

http://uk.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...ntId=01&modelCodeDisplay=32LX2R&model=NOTHING

Also does anyone have any info on sony`s new HD models and can anyone suggest any other HD models i`ve might of missed? I`ve come to the conclusion 26inch would not be big enough so am looking for a 32inch now?

Thanks

2. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The Hitachi 32LD7200 is out now, but stock is abit rare at the moment. I managed to find a place on Wednesday that had them in, and just got it today. Couldnt be happier.

The new LG models are out late July / early August i believe, and also the new Panny D500 is out in the next few weeks i think. ("Looks" to be the same as the D50 but with HDMI and some other gadgets) Also ,the new JVC models are pretty close to release i think, and are looking good too.

Apart from those, Philips, Sharp and Sony are all releasing models in and around August i believe. Dont know anything about the Sonys though im afraid, they havent given much away, but info on the Philips 9830, and Sharp GD71E (i think thats the model) can be found in here.

Your not gonna be short on choice thats for sure. What sort of budget are you looking at?

3. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Budget would be around £1200 but has to do 720 50/60hz, 1080i 50/60hz without problems.

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I'm hanging on for a new Sony one, I love the WEGA thing. It really does seem to be more than just a marketing gimmick. I know this time around they'll include Component (unless they're crazy) and HDMI, hopefully there'll be a VGA input too... but Sony seem pretty stingy on the connectivity front.

5. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    The Toshiba 32WLT58 is due in August for around £1200, or the Sony KDL32V1 for rather more!

Steve

6. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The JVC and Panasonic are listed at £1500 at unbeatable, with the Philips at £2000.
    Id take a guess that the Sony will be about the same as the Philips, with maybe the Sharp in between somewhere. (Going by their last models anyway)

7. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Our CRT telly has just blown up, and we're looking at the JVC LT26DS6-B (hoping it's better than the D50 which had poor reviews on standard def inputs) and the Pana 26LDX500, which as far as I know is a LDX50 with more sockets.
    Our choice is limited 'cos we want built-in Freeview (fewer wires to annoy the missus :smashin: )
    Comet have the JVC in right now, but no sign of the Pana.
    Looks like we'll be squinting at our little Grundig 17" LCD for a while.... it doesn't look bad if you sit about half a mile away!

8. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I was looking out for tosh, very nice looking set. Hope it gets more favourable reviews than the 48. Could fit the bill nicely if it does 720p and 1080i at 50/60hz fine, cause at the end of the day thats all i`m concerned about as standard def stuff won`t be getting much of a look in.