Upcoming games & release dates - discussion thread

Mr Nook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

Of the games upcoming for Wii in the second quarter (April - June) I find my self drawn towards Eledees but might also get Mario Strikers if it's online.

Any other good ones on the near horizon? I'm going to sell my XBox 360 and slowly save for a PS3, so in the meantime the Wii will be only console in the house.

RDB :)

PS Anyone have any idea of the latest Metroid and Mario Galaxy estimated release dates?

Personally looking forward to Cooking for Mama looks like a blast especially the 2 player iron chef cook offs.

Play are showing Super Mario Galaxy as 1st June and Metroid Prime as 27th September.

Trauma Centre looks good when it's ultimately released in the UK mid June.

Super Paper Mario also looks amazing. It's out in the US already, but as yet no EU release date. Fingers crossed it wont be too long.

This lateness of some of these titles coming to the EU is slightly concerning - it reminds me of Nintendo's attitude during the SNES days, treating the EU as a very very low priority. Yes localisation takes time for foreign languages, but books get translated quicker than some of these games.

True. I don't think Europe ever did get Mario RPG on the SNES did we?

Personally looking forward to Cooking for Mama looks like a blast especially the 2 player iron chef cook offs.

Play are showing Super Mario Galaxy as 1st June and Metroid Prime as 27th September.

That date for Mario Galaxy is definitely incorrect. Metroid Prime is more likely to show up before Mario Galaxy. However Nintendo have not given an official release date for either yet. By the way I think you mean Cooking Mama.

Trauma Centre looks good when it's ultimately released in the UK mid June.

Super Paper Mario also looks amazing. It's out in the US already, but as yet no EU release date. Fingers crossed it wont be too long.

This lateness of some of these titles coming to the EU is slightly concerning - it reminds me of Nintendo's attitude during the SNES days, treating the EU as a very very low priority. Yes localisation takes time for foreign languages, but books get translated quicker than some of these games.

Super Paper Mario has got really good reviews and gamer feedback. Mine is on it's way and should be here in the next day or two. I think it's definitely one of the top games on the Wii even if it did start out as a Gamecube game.

I thought about getting Eledees or Elebits as it's known in the US ( don't know why they decided to change the name ) but I'm not sure if it's worth the money as it seems a bit shallow. I'll probably pick it up when I can get it cheap. Cooking Mama doesn't really appeal to me.

I think the earliest we can hope for either of those two will be the run up to Christmas, so around end of September sounds about right.

Super Paper Mario has got really good reviews and gamer feedback. Mine is on it's way and should be here in the next day or two. I think it's definitely one of the top games on the Wii even if it did start out as a Gamecube game.

I thought about getting Eledees or Elebits as it's known in the US ( don't know why they decided to change the name ) but I'm not sure if it's worth the money as it seems a bit shallow. I'll probably pick it up when I can get it cheap. Cooking Mama doesn't really appeal to me.

Agree with all your thoughts there Moogle, can't believe all this time I've spent waiting for Super Paper Mario and now it's released in the US I can't afford it:( It'll have to wait a bit longer for now.

From what I understand the reason they changed the name from Elebits to Eledees was due to the slang reference to women in the word "bit":rolleyes: As in "bit of alright", "bit of stuff" etc. Sounds kind of ridiculous but I'm pretty sure that was the reason.

I might pick up Elebits & Cooking Mama some time if I see them at bargain prices, both look good but not great.

I forgot about cooking Mama. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Here's hoping Paper Mario slips in somewhere in the near future though I fear we'll have to wait..

I've still to get Heatseeker though and Medieval 2 on the PC is using up my gaming time at the moment so I won't be too concerned if the biggees get pushed back til later in the year. Also, the virtual console is still a good source of games. So far I've got R-Type and Mario 64 but there's still plenty of others.

RDB :)

Both Elebits and Cooking Mama look like great "just a quick go" games. The only thing with these type of games that puts me off them is that they often employ some kind of strict time limit for tasks in order to create tension.

That date for Mario Galaxy is definitely incorrect. Metroid Prime is more likely to show up before Mario Galaxy. However Nintendo have not given an official release date for either yet. By the way I think you mean Cooking Mama.

You're right, i'd been reading a web review recently that called it Cooking for mama...

I think Cooking for Mama sounds better. Cooking Mama sounds somewhat sinister.

Heres a list for you guys:

Upcoming titles:

Chicken Little: Ace In Action
Mario Strikers Charged
Scarface: The World Is Yours
Alien Syndrome
Animal Crossing
Battalion Wars 2
Big Brain Academy
BIONICLE Heroes
Brunswick Bowling
Bust-A-Move Bash!
Chicken Shoot + Egg Catcher
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Cosmic Family
Dave Mirra Racing Wii
Dewy's Adventure
Disaster: Day of Crisis
DK Bongo Blast
Driver: Parallel Lines
Eledees
Fire Emblem: Goddess of the Dawn
Forever Blue
Impossible Mission
Kirby Adventure
Manhunt 2
Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
Mario Party 8
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes
Pangya! Golf with Style
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Pop'n Pop
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Puzzle Balls
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Sadness
Spiderman: The Movie 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tennis Masters
Transformers
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Health Pack
Wii Music
World Championship Poker Featuring Howard Lederer: All In Wii

Already Released:

April 2007:
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

March 2007:
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Medal of Honor Vanguard
Disney's Meet the Robinsons
Heatseaker
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
World Series of Poker: Tournament Champions
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
SSX Blur
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Rapala: Tournament Fishing
Ant Bully
Sonic and the Secret Rings

February 2007:
Kororinpa
Excitetruck
Barnyard
Rampage: Total Destruction

January 2007:
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Far Cry: Vengence

December 2006:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Open Season
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from Krusty Krab
Super Fruitfall
Madden NFL 07
Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
Happy Feet
Cars
Need For Speed Carbon
Call of Duty 3
GT Pro Series
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Red Steel
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Play
Wii Sports

Actual reason for the name change with Elebits is that it sounds similar to the french phrase "et les bites" which basically means "and the cocks" or "also, cocks."

Had to be changed in France for the above reason so was changed in PAL territories generally I suppose.

I think Cooking for Mama sounds better. Cooking Mama sounds somewhat sinister.

LOL. I hadn't thought of it that way :rotfl:

I can't think of any.

Well i'm looking forward to the Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix game on the Wii, the control system looks nifty.
Though the game i most want is super paper mario, it looks awesome. I wish they'd hurry up and release it in Europe already.

Well i'm looking forward to the Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix game on the Wii, the control system looks nifty.
Though the game i most want is super paper mario, it looks awesome. I wish they'd hurry up and release it in Europe already.

Super Paper Mario is great. I've been playing it on anf off the past couple of weeks. It's a bit on the short side but the 2D/3D gameplay is spot on and really adds to the game.

Super Paper Mario is great. I've been playing it on anf off the past couple of weeks. It's a bit on the short side but the 2D/3D gameplay is spot on and really adds to the game.

Yep, it really is an excellent game. I'm on world 7-4 at the min and other than a few pacing issues on the later levels i think it's the best game on the wii.

I've got Eledees on pre-order but not bothered with Cooking Mama as I can't see the cooking actions working with the Wii Remote plus I've played the DS version to death. Only other game I've got on pre-order for summer release is Wii Orchestra, looks a lot of fun but like Eledees or Cooking Mama doesn't look particularly deep.

Here's some news from IGN

Nintendo officially states that the following games will be coming out for Wii in Japan in 2007:

* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007
* Wii Health Pack -- 2007
* Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007
* Mario Party 8 - 2007
* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007
* Wii Music - 2007
* Super Mario Galaxy - 2007
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007
* Battalion Wars II - 2007
* Forever Blue - 2007
* Mario Strikers Charged - 2007
* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007
* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

Obviously these are only for Japan and further release dates will no doubt be later, but look at all the big titles.

I've got Eledees on pre-order but not bothered with Cooking Mama as I can't see the cooking actions working with the Wii Remote plus I've played the DS version to death. Only other game I've got on pre-order for summer release is Wii Orchestra, looks a lot of fun but like Eledees or Cooking Mama doesn't look particularly deep.

I very much doubt you will see Wii Orchestra released in the summer.

I very much doubt you will see Wii Orchestra released in the summer.

You are probably right, I was going by the date of the shopto.net pre-order.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom