Up-to-date websites?

pcblues

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

New to this forum but have been visiting as a guest. Great info being passed about here.

My intrests are to eventually buy a DVD Recorder, I cannot make my mind up between one with a HD or one with progressive scan as in the new JVC DR-M1.

What I would like to find is a web site that is bang up to date and is reguarly updated. Apart from these forums I cannot find a decent site that has the latest info, even the manufacturers sites are not updated.
Does anyone know of such a site? The closest I have come across is:
ASKShop.co.uk

cheers

pcblues

If you have or you're thinking of getting a big screen (pj, plasma etc) then I would say that a prog scan recorder is the way to go. Not only will you be able to watch prerecorded dvds and your own recordings in prog scan, as the recorder has an mpeg encoder, you'll be able to watch tv and satellite in prog scan too, meaning you won't need the likes of an iscan nor any switcher boxes.

Trouble is the JVC isn't available for a few months and if you buy it straight away you'll be watching agonisingly as the price plummets over the first few months.

I use my Philips recorder as the centre of my system. Sky goes in the second scart, NTL analogue cable (to watch one channel and be able to record another) goes in the RF input, the 1st scart goes out to the TV, the S-Video goes to the pj and the RF out can be used to send signals to the portable upstairs (although I sometiems use the RF out of the digibox as it also has remote control through the coax).

The one thing I'm lacking is progscan for the pj which I plan to fix by buying one of the new pal prog DVD players, I'm hoping the Yamaha S540 will receive good reviews as it's only £133.

A one box solution would be pretty cool.

Cheers,
Cal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom