Up to 32 inch tv for PS5

x7nofate

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, hopefully this is a good place for this topic.
I finally got my PS5 and now need tv, however I can not find tv under 32inch which would use full potential of the next gen consol.
Please could you recommend tv between 28-32 inch for PS5 with all the required spec:

HDMI 2.1
HFR
ALLM
VRR
eARC
HDR in Dolby Vision or HDR10+

Price does not matter
Please dear experts send me some recommendations.

You'll struggle to find or get the benefit of 4k TV at 32 inch let alone smaller. If you want a screen ticking all your boxes, look at over at least 40 inch, possibly bigger.

That said, here's one close.:

But a cheaper 1080p TV at this size would still do the job..

Thank you for your answer unfortunately this Samsung is hdmi 2.0 only. What is the smaller tv/monitor with all the spec requrie for PS5?

You don't need a 2.1 hdmi TV for PS5 if that's your concern, you can hook it up to any display with a hdmi slot.

Yes I know I can hook up to any display but hdmi 2.0 does not support
HFR
ALLM
VRR
eARC

Which is crucial to use full potential of PS5

I'm not sure any of that is crucial and PS5 doesn't currently support VRR, but good luck sourcing what you're after.

Hdmi 2.1 for for TV, this is monitor with 2.0 but it does support:
120 hz overclock to 144hz = HRF
4ms input lag = VRR + ALLM
HDR 1000 = dolby vision or HDR10+

Indeed, but you wouldn't get 4k @ 120hz, although I doubt many games do that lol, but would get 1080p @ 120hz with this display. Don't think it has eArc either, but didn't look too far.

Not today but in the future will be games running at 120fps. I buy display once for many years, don't want to spend monay twice for display. I want to buy once and good so will be ready for any game and want to use full potential of next gen consol. What is the point to buy ps5 and use bad display? Better stay with ps4 then

There are games now that run at 120fps, but with the display you posted, you'd only get 1080p, you need HDMI 2.1 to get 4k @ 120fps..

Oh really? I didn't know that, God demmit always some obstacles

I was in the same boat a month ago , looking for a small tv for the man cave
the only "small" tv i could find at the time with all the boxes ticked was the LG nano 86 at 49inch
HDR
Freesync
4k 120hz
low latency mode
couldn't find anything else smaller

having said 49in i was lucky enough to get the 55in version for about £540 on amazon prime day

the picture is nothing like the LG OLED's (blacks could be blacker) !! but for a "gaming" tv it's decent and im happy with it :)

Most of higher end LG tv's have all the options but are quite expensive and only are in 49+inch version.

I was in the same boat a month ago , looking for a small tv for the man cave
the only "small" tv i could find at the time with all the boxes ticked was the LG nano 86 at 49inch
HDR
Freesync
4k 120hz
low latency mode
couldn't find anything else smaller

having said 49in i was lucky enough to get the 55in version for about £540 on amazon prime day

the picture is nothing like the LG OLED's (blacks could be blacker) !! but for a "gaming" tv it's decent and im happy with it :)
I'd try expermenting with turning HDR off on the PS5 with that TV. It's HDR performance isn't great. However you should be able to get a good 4K 120fps SDR performance from it.

I've got a 49" TV and the difference between 4K & 1080 isn't exactly earth shattering. I wouldn't concern myself with it on 32" TV.

I'd try expermenting with turning HDR off on the PS5 with that TV. It's HDR performance isn't great. However you should be able to get a good 4K 120fps SDR performance from it.
I'll give that try and see if a get a better picture , thanks
but to be honest im happy with the TV.
at the end of day i wanted "something" for the man cave didn't have to be top of line with the blackest of blacks but have a few bell and whistles..... just something to use with the Ps5 and PC ..and sit back and chill :)

I'll give that try and see if a get a better picture , thanks
but to be honest im happy with the TV.
at the end of day i wanted "something" for the man cave didn't have to be top of line with the blackest of blacks but have a few bell and whistles..... just something to use with the Ps5 and PC ..and sit back and chill :)
Yeah it's not bad. It's IPS which isn't as good as VA but it does have HDMI 2.1 and supports 4K@120hz so you do have that. I would certainly try using it with HDR turned off on your HDMI connected devices though because it doesn't have a good enough spec to do HDR well. You should be able to get an extremely good SDR image though. Make sure you set the TV to game picture mode and maybe even also try labeling the HDMI input to a games console or PC to ensure minimal input lag etc.

:)

@Mallett94 by all means i'll give a try , HDR games do look good and as say it's not the best when it comes to HDR -- but if there's a better picture i'll try it , thanks

You don't need a 2.1 hdmi TV for PS5 if that's your concern, you can hook it up to any display with a hdmi slot.
I've been playing doom eternal at 120fps and there's no way I'm playing at 60fps after, it's miles smoother and more responsive.
Cold War was the same. It's unfortunate that there's a bit of a visual hit but in games like those two it really doesn't matter.
Can't you squeeze an LG 48CX in or wait for them to bring out their 32?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom