Up to £550 for gaming LED - suggestions?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by warbie, Dec 30, 2011.

1. warbie

warbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hey all - can anyone suggest and LED for 100% gaming. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something that handles motion well enough and doesn't suffer from high input lag. Around 40" if possible.

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
  3. warbie

warbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Cheers for the suggestion, Vickster. I actually have a 42ST30 that i'm returning. It's brilliant for movies and general tv, and games feel nice and responsive, but I see phosphor trails everywhere. If it was for a general use tv I would be more than happy, especially for the price, but as I see phosphor trailing more than most people (I see green flashes every other second while playing fps) and as the tv is only used for gaming, I have to go to the grey side :/

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Oh dear :(

Not sure what is low lag on the LED front - Panasonics good - 42E30 perhaps but over budget Sevenoaks Sound and Vision - Panasonic TX-L42E30 <p>42" LED TV (Full HD) <p>(Save £270) (Claim Free 5 Year Warranty)

Or the 42E3 Panasonic TX-L42E3B(TXL42E3B) 42 inch VIERA,Full HD 1080p,LED Edgelit IPS Alpha LCD TV, Freeview HD at best prices.Buy cheap at a low price At Sound and Vision Bolton.Free Review/Test.Free Delivery

Not sure on the Sonys - there are a few reviews of current models on here - I don't think they are worse on the lag than the Samsungs for example

e.g. http://www.avforums.com/review/Sony-EX524-(KDL-40EX524)-40-Inch-LED-LCD-TV-Review.html

Where are you returning it to? Do you have to buy from the same retailer?

5. Pistachio

Pistachio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have been looking for a similar tv. I wanted a thin LED to mount on the wall without protruding mainly for gaming use.

In addition to the ones above, it may be worth considering the 5 series samsungs which are in your price range. According to TachRadar in game mode the input lag was 35ms. I am still undecided though. These tvs are not 100hz, but have Clear Rate Motion 100, which is meant to be an improvement over 50Hz?

6. warbie

warbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks again, Vickster. I'll look into that. I got the set from Amazon who are usually good with returns. It really pains me to send the ST30 back as blu-rays look absolutely stunning - if I had the cash i'd keep it for the lounge and get an additonal gaming tv!

Cheers, Pistachio - I just had a look at the Samsungs. The UE40D5520 looks decent. I'm also considering the Sony 40EX723. Motion wise I was under the impression that any processing is best turned off while gaming anyways and that 50hz for lcd/led is prefered?