Up the steps to the Monastery

bowenjones

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in Kos. While there, we took a boat over to the island of Nisyros and spent the day touring the place. This picture was one of a few I took in the main town of Mandraki and it's one that I thought would suit this month's theme. I'll post more pics in my album when I get a chance to process them.
This was taken in Raw with my 350D and 17-85IS lens. Slightly cropped, adjustments to white balance, exposure and saturation before adding a border and resizing. I also added a small amount of unsharp mask.

Exif data:
Shutter speed 1/320
Aperture f/8
Focal length 24mm
ISO 100

upthestepslc0.jpg

Makes me want to book a flight to the sun... the kind of shot I would expect to see in any professionaly produced holiday brochure or guide book. Great pic.

:)

Thanks guys. I've posted a few more holiday snaps in my album if you're interested :)

Very nice shot, especially given the difficulty of getting exposure correct with the combination of shadow and bright white walls/steps. Like this a lot :smashin:

Very nice shot, especially given the difficulty of getting exposure correct with the combination of shadow and bright white walls/steps. Like this a lot :smashin:
This is where using Raw helps. But, in saying that, I only had to adjust the exposure down by .75 of a stop.

I really like this, as was said earlier, it really does look like an ad for a villa on the algarve, really rich colours. Nice one Bowenjones:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom