1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up The Rear

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by @Home, Jul 30, 2004.

1. @Home

@Home

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I have recently invested in a Tag AV32 DP and would like to also update my rear Speakers.
    My room is 10’ x 9’ in size. So would be looking for speakers that fit on the wall.

At present I have a pair of Boston VRS Micro’s and was looking at a pair of Monitor Audio Radius 90’s.
    I was told by a HIFI Store assistant that these were very poor (his words, not mine), but not having heard them I don’t know.
    Most MA outlet gets them to order, so an audition would be very difficult.

So can you suggest some rear speakers that would be suitable?
    Has anyone heard or got a pair of MA Radius 90’s, what are they like?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I have a pair of Energy CR-3 speakers from Sevenoaks. They can be used as bi-poles,di-pole or mono pole and have volume control for varying the output of the side driver units. Very neutral, very open. Well built, have their own mounting brackets. Contoured shape. Mine are in mable with a silvery colored grill cloth. On offer at £399.00 at Sevenoaks Newcastle. Next day delivery £10.

Im using 3 budget front speakers until my modified Neat Critiques arrive and the Energy's are just so much better. I even tried them through my hifi set up, with them sat on chairs and they had a credible performance and good imaging. Recommended.