1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up-Scaling to Component

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KEMilmer, Mar 7, 2005.

1. KEMilmer

KEMilmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just watched a "new" Yamaha DSP-Z9 go on ebay for £2,225. I was tempted to bid, but didn't risk it. The key benefit for me would be to up-scale my Sky+ video output to component for plasma screen &/or projected viewing. I note that various other upmarket AV Receivers are now offering this capability. I've tried simple RGB Scart-to-component converters, but the results are not particularly impressive. Can anyone suggest an alternative way of achieving good component quality output from RGB Scart or S-Video please? I'm prepared to spend a bit to get good results.
    (In case its relevant, my system is based on Denon AVC-A11SR / Denon 3800 / Hitachi 42PD5200 / ScreenPlay 5700). Many thanks

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    My 3803 offers this ability, and I must admit I wasn't massively impressed with the results. I had to run the picture from Sky into the amp using composite, so no RGB signal, I got much better results using a decent scart lead.
    Not sure if it would offer the options you're looking for, but perhaps a scaler would be an option?

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Up scaling is changing the number of lines in your image from the standard 480/576 to 720 or 1080. You are on about up converting. Even if you upconvert a signal it can not become better then what it is unless you use processing to clean the signal.