Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Up Grading a Pioneer a DVL-909 DVD/LD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Darth Vader, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any one help?.

I own a Pioneer DVL- 909 DVD/LD player and have heard you can upgrade the firmware in the machine to allow dts output through the digital outs.

Is this a pipe dream or have my prayers been answered?.

PS. I can't belive anyone has not picked Darth Vader before!

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Have you looked at www.videotec.co.uk as they do things like that, normally by adding a DTS output specifically?

3. Mattk

Mattk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have some info on moding the DVL-909 depending on what version you have. You can convert it by changing 2 surface mount resistors to a DVL-91 which outputs DTS- the only drawback is you effectively convert it to play NTSC only!! I have a copy of the webpage if you would like it emailed to you but it has since dissapeared off the net. The other thing is to unfortunately get hold of a 919, I have seen them down to £350 on auctions!