• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

UP-A1 iPod adaptor not working with latest iOS?

Spud211

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got an Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver, and also have the UP-A1 iPod interface for it. It has been working fine for many months, but after the most recent update to iOS (4.1.x i think), it doesn't seem to work properly. I'm using an iPhone 4.

I plug it in, and the iPhone starts charging, and displays the "accessory connected" screen as usual, and the receiver displays the usual menu on my TV screen with my iPod's name. That is as far as I can get though - I cannot control the menus with the remote or the buttons on the receiver. The iPhone itself disables all the audio controls when its connected, so I can't even control it from the phone.

I've managed to get some music playing by hitting the shuffle button on the phone before plugging it in - so the audio link clearly still works, I just can't control it.

Has anyone else had this problem/heard anything about it? Any ideas for how I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

chiandme

Standard Member
This has happened to me also, I've just updated the iPhone's OS. It worked fine before, if I find an answer I'll post on here.

chiandme

Standard Member
It appears to work via the TV menu, but not via the iPhone as it did before. There is just a message saying Accessory Connected, this is very annoying as I don't want to have to have the TV on to change music...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom