Unwanted time/date stamp showing on home recorded BD footage

Brian Nunn

Standard Member
Reaction score
I master my HD camcorder recordings to a Panasonic DMR-BWT720, having imported them from the Panny HC-V700 as AVHCD files. I then burn them to BD from the HDD (usually in High Speed), so far so good. Why then, once playing the finalised BD discs back on my Sony Blu Ray player (BDV-EF200), does an unwanted date/time stamp now show up in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen?
Thanks in advance,
Neil

I master my HD camcorder recordings to a Panasonic DMR-BWT720, having imported them from the Panny HC-V700 as AVHCD files. I then burn them to BD from the HDD (usually in High Speed), so far so good. Why then, once playing the finalised BD discs back on my Sony Blu Ray player (BDV-EF200), does an unwanted date/time stamp now show up in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen?
Thanks in advance,
Neil

See if there is an information button ('i' button) either on your TV remote or the Bluray player remote.

Hopefully, toggling that button will remove the graphic.

There isn't much to select on the Sony BD player and nothing I've pressed seems to get rid of it. Is there something I should do at the mastering stage maybe?

There isn't much to select on the Sony BD player and nothing I've pressed seems to get rid of it. Is there something I should do at the mastering stage maybe?

Is there an i button option on the TV? This is usually where the issue lies.

I am not aware of anything at the mastering stage that should affect this.

If still no progress, I'll move this to the Camcorders and Editing section where someone may have encountered the problem.

Thanks for suggesting the TV angle but no joy there either. Ta for the offer of moving it to the other section btw.

Hi

Usually the date and time is recorded as a subtitle, so worth checking the subtitle button and toggling that.

Regards

Phil

Obvious question is, does it show up on other BDs? And does it show up if you play your BD on someone else's player?

It shows up on all the BDs that I have recorded at High speed from the HDD. I can remove it when replaying said discs on the recorder but it shows up on other decks. Strangely this does not occur when the BDs are recorded at Normal Speed. The footage in question has been uploaded to the HDD from an HD camcorder, also Panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom