• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Unwanted time/date stamp showing on home recorded BD footage

Brian Nunn

Standard Member
I master my HD camcorder recordings to a Panasonic DMR-BWT720, having imported them from the Panny HC-V700 as AVHCD files. I then burn them to BD from the HDD (usually in High Speed), so far so good. Why then, once playing the finalised BD discs back on my Sony Blu Ray player (BDV-EF200), does an unwanted date/time stamp now show up in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen?
Thanks in advance,
Neil

Gavtech

Administrator
I master my HD camcorder recordings to a Panasonic DMR-BWT720, having imported them from the Panny HC-V700 as AVHCD files. I then burn them to BD from the HDD (usually in High Speed), so far so good. Why then, once playing the finalised BD discs back on my Sony Blu Ray player (BDV-EF200), does an unwanted date/time stamp now show up in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen?
Thanks in advance,
Neil

See if there is an information button ('i' button) either on your TV remote or the Bluray player remote.

Hopefully, toggling that button will remove the graphic.

Brian Nunn

Standard Member
There isn't much to select on the Sony BD player and nothing I've pressed seems to get rid of it. Is there something I should do at the mastering stage maybe?

Gavtech

Administrator
There isn't much to select on the Sony BD player and nothing I've pressed seems to get rid of it. Is there something I should do at the mastering stage maybe?

Is there an i button option on the TV? This is usually where the issue lies.

I am not aware of anything at the mastering stage that should affect this.

If still no progress, I'll move this to the Camcorders and Editing section where someone may have encountered the problem.

PhilipL

Prominent Member
Hi

Usually the date and time is recorded as a subtitle, so worth checking the subtitle button and toggling that.

Regards

Phil

Bob++

Established Member
Obvious question is, does it show up on other BDs? And does it show up if you play your BD on someone else's player?

Brian Nunn

Standard Member
It shows up on all the BDs that I have recorded at High speed from the HDD. I can remove it when replaying said discs on the recorder but it shows up on other decks. Strangely this does not occur when the BDs are recorded at Normal Speed. The footage in question has been uploaded to the HDD from an HD camcorder, also Panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom