Unwanted message when I play DVD's...help required

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Juddy, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Juddy

Juddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I run a Sammy HD850 into a 436XDE, and an optical out from the Sammy into my Marantz AV SR4300.
    When I play DVD's, a message always comes up for a few seconds saying "HDMI Audio not supported". Can this be turned off ? No doubt its something simple, but when the disc flips layers mid film, it comes up again and is bugging the hell out of me!!!! Help required !

2. antilles

antilles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It's a common prob with the 850 and the 950...it's basically a balls up by Samsung. The only way to get rid is to turn off you on screen messages everytime you want to watch a dvd....one of the many reasons i sent my 850 back!
    Rich

3. Juddy

Juddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - might be sending mine back too, as it does my head in!! What did you replace it with ? Wanted something with an HDMI output, but seen some Toshiba SD350 reviews saying the picture over the component leads is better than most HDMI outputs. Appreciate this type of question runs forever in these forums, but all help appreciated......

4. antilles

antilles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hiya!
    I replaced mine with a Sony ns92v....which i've also returned....the pic wasn't as good as the Sammy, R2 discs showed a noticeable shift to the right resulting in a left hand black border..(well documented on this site...)
    Also had varying probs with pic freezing etc.

It seems that almost every single HDMI player has a niggle or two....

I've lost all faith in these intermediate HDMI upscaling players....
    I'm just going to wait for the real deal...proper HD DVD players.

Rich