unwanted clicks

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robbo, Jul 1, 2001.

1. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new DVD player from Richer Sounds-the NAD550.The player is something else but I have what the sales assistant calls an incompatibility problem with my amp in that whenever an audio signal cuts in(after chapter skip etc)there is an audible "click" from the back speakers.They are connected via a coaxial Digital cable,but the click isn't heard on the TV(connected by RGB scart).Any ideas?

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I feel the sales assistant is using the definition of incompatable as "if it don't work it's not our fault".

Well it is, if the player is not compatable with certain amps you must be warned, else it is faulty or "not fit for the use it was purchased for" remember that phrase when you pack up your player and go back to get your refund.

Should the assistant tell you no refund inform him your next stop is the local trading standards office.

End of rant from the fat farty one

3. andyh41

andyh41

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't suppose you're running your system without a centre speaker? My sony 335 and cyrus AV5 gave me the same problem (only in DD not DTS). I am currently without a centre channel as I am replacing the amp. This just happened to conincide with me getting the sony as well, so I initially put the blame on that. After altering every parameter in the dvd setup I eventually reconfigured the decoder to put the centre speaker back in action and the click disappeared. This may be a bit too obscure to fix your problem, but it sounded pretty familiar to me.