Unusual Problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Dazzerman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Dazzerman

Dazzerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spent an hour or so checking threads but no one seems to have had this problem. Last night was watching BSG I had recorded whilst the box was recording a programme for the wife, at no time while watching the programme was there any glitches, freezing or anything. Went back to the planner to delete the said programme some how the box had stopped recording the programme and deleted it off the list, over a week of programmes to be recorded gone, although some odd ones still remained. All already recorded programmes where still there, oh yes one last thing we had gone back in time to nov28th and 2 hours later than it was. I have noticed that I have had to do resets quite often in the last few months, it is a Thompson box but haven't had any of the symptoms listed for a psu on its way out. This is a refurb box as my original box (from when hd came out) lasted about 18 months or so.

2. bigchief

bigchief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Mine lost the time and fast forwarded 2hrs last week ... but it was during the bad snow here and I lost all signals entirely for a few hours.

Bad weather last night?

3. 6022tivo

6022tivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Welcome to Sky+...

Go buy a tivo..

4. Giblets2

Giblets2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    No it's usual! (quoted from another thread):

"It's a known bug. When something like snow or heavy rain corrupts the signal the box can be sent a scrambled date which causes future recordings to fail ('cos it thinks the date has passed and they didn't work) and Anytime to clear (because it thinks the expiry date for the programme has been exceeded).

Let's all hope this is fixed in the imminent EPG update so that it can tell if the date and time suddenly change by a ridiculous amount and ignore it (like they should've thought of in the first place). "