Unusual Picture issue with Panasonic tv

doopeydoo123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All
We have a Panasonic Tx-65Fx560b, recently when switching on tv from cable box or game console from cold I get what can only be described as a blotchy image all objects in image have massive white outlines around them the move with the image...

It’s happened a few times when first switching on tv now, so am a little concerned as we have only had it just over a year...

When this happens switching off tv for 5-10 seconds & back on seems to clear it but is starting to be a regular thing... I’ve managed to capture some images so hoping somebody can tell me that the cause maybe & what I can do to hot fix it...

Many thnaks
Ed
D7E8A1F9-8140-449A-A67B-DF09BC72FC55.jpeg
2D426EFD-CA59-4D0C-81CA-44D9F387B09A.jpeg
FFC2AC34-BACD-408E-AE99-AC312313DC95.jpeg
F42A996C-1C2E-4E16-BC35-CAC9A4A6B37E.jpeg

Could your problem BE ANY MORE ANNOYING????

Couldn’t resist.

By the way I don’t actually watch old eps of friends, it was just left on Comedy Central from the night before, but I see where ya coming from lol 😂...

Ok it’s possible the one touch/power up set up on cable box may have been causing this issue, as this & another HDMI problem seems to have stemmed from when I switch that function on some time ago..Have now switched that off so will see how it goes in the coming days I guess, as tv seems to be behaving for now...

That looks like an HDMI cable issue. Have you tried turning off the TV and unplugging and plugging them all back in - both ends of the cable?

This is sometimes enough to clean up the connection.

No not tried powering down & disconnecting for a while now, I did swap out the HDMI cables for new ones though when we got the tv, tbh that will be a hassle as tv is wall mounted & unable to get a hand behind it to unplug tv end in situ, so means removing tv from wall, In the course of just over a year it’s only exhibited this behaviour about three-four times,only the last two being on consecutive days earlier this week which prompted me to reach out here...
If it was a HDMI cable issue would it not fault all of the time ?, I won’t rule it out at this stage though, of course typically all is behaving normally at the mo, it’s just that I read somewhere recently that HDMI cables either work or they don’t...
Also I have noticed that since switching the one touch power up off on cable box the volume graphic/indicator is a lot more snappier, where it would normally slightly delay in displaying...
In any case I’ll keep running it knowing the one touch is off & see how it goes for now, & keeping in mind your suggestion & thank you for your help & advice thus far...

Kind Regards
Ed

Try unplugging at the device end and see if that helps. Do power everything down first though.

I doubt it's the cable, more likely the connection.

Okie dokie I’ll give it a try at the weekend, unplugging at device end is easily accessible so worth a go....thanks again....

Just another thought or maybe a shot in the dark, I recently plugged a sync module for blink cameras end of last week below the TV/behind TV bench as the lights on it were annoying me a little, I wonder if this is throwing out some interferance intermittently as fault on TV only became apparent after this...

Hi all
Just a quick update on this one, I took the advise given by noiseboy72 & also relocated the aforementioned sync module, it’s been just over a week now & thus far all good...Also I’ve switched off the one touch power up on cable box..Which one or combination of suggestions has seemingly fixed it I’m unsure of but it’s been fine so far...Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom