1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual connection problem, please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adieacc, Oct 26, 2003.

1. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been asked to take my projector(Sanyo Z1) to a wedding to allow us to watch the Wales v NZ rugby next weekend, the problem is i don't know if this will be possible, as the wedding is in mid-wales and the only signal is via a standard ariel with a RF? (i thick that is what their called) connection,

Therefore how would i connect this to the projector, and secondly how would i connect some sort of sound out. The only way i could think of is to take a standard TV to process the input and use its video out to the projector and the sound from the TV.

Any ideas, please?

Cheers
    Adieacc

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi adieacc

A solution would be to use a video recorder as the source for the picture (using this as a tuner) with a scart lead (to whatever input you have on the PJ) as for the sound do you know anyone with a getto blaster or micro system with a line input. I think this would be the simplest way using comonnly available gear. Not great quality but it'll work.

Paul

3. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    is there no digi tv in wales. if there is, find someone with a set top dvb box.(bound to be someone at the wedding who has one) and connect via composite or svid for the video. and to some pc speakers for the sound

4. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately this is no digi Tv in this part of mid wales, the video is a good idea that i had'nt thought about

Adieacc