Untitled Star Trek movie (June 9, 2023)

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
In my opinion they just don't seem to know what direction to take Star Trek in to move it forward.

Ed R Marley

Standard Member
What's the point of announcing a specific release date so far in the future? Surely nobody expects it to be met?

Klippie

All of us on here want a “classic style” Trek film unfortunately for the masses this would be a snore fest and that’s why we’ll never see one, Jar Jar Abrams singularity ruined Trek not just for the fans but the masses too and now the movie’s are stuck in a place they can’t get out from..

But...lets say Strange New Worlds turns out to be sensational ( fingers & toes crossed ) and runs for a good few series I’d be happy to see them transition onto the big screen...just like the old days when a successful series gets rewarded with movies.

RebelScum

I’ve often thought that if they ever went down the reboot route with TNG then Tom Hiddleston would be a good Data.

Garrett

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
A1CAAA2E-B97D-4DCD-AAB0-2A4EA8F209E3.jpeg

basiltherat

We are assuming if course that there will be any sort of big screen experience left by 2023.

The way things are going, people will pretty much have everything they need to watch 4k/8k movies in their homes in surround sound.
Why would most pay £10+overpriced snacks to go I to a large room full of coughers and sneezers and watch a movie in a screen where they might not have the best seat in the house in.

I think streaming is the future now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cinema, it's the best way to see movies, but I'm probably the minority in the UK with that opinion.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
"I'll have a medium box of your ridiculously over priced popcorn please. Then I'll watch the film."

Yeah... I prey for the day.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Jar Jar Abrams singularity ruined Trek not just for the fans but the masses too and now the movie’s are stuck in a place they can’t get out from..
Seems unfair.
He didn't write any of them.

You can thank famously talented screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci for that - the genius masterminds behind such beloved movies as Cowboys and Aliens, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, Van Helsing and The Mummy (2017).

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Seems unfair.
He didn't write any of them.

You can thank famously talented screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci for that - the genius masterminds behind such beloved movies as Cowboys and Aliens, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, Van Helsing and The Mummy (2017).

Don't forget hack-extraordinaire Damon Lindelof.

Star Trek deserved so much better than all of those numpties.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 12th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Bluesound unveils new generation of Node and Powernode audio players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim launches Uniti Atom Headphone Edition