Untitled Alien (Awakening) Covenant sequel (TBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
One of these films have to hit the jackpot at some stage and turn out really great.

Scott says the sequel will have up to four main players and the Engineers will return, will they wage war against David and his Xenomorps ?

There will be three or four different players coming in to investigate. One of which will be the Engineers arriving back to find their planet decimated. I think those ships come and go on regular intervals. I see them as the gardeners of space. Where we go next is obvious. We’re gonna actually go to the planet.

Last edited:
Interesting to see if anything comes of it. Given Covenant's weaker than expected performance at the box office. Maybe once home media sales kick in, Fox might give it the green light.

The Engineers must have been on a male only body-building camp, on a party planet.

This could be good, Ridley could put in some electro dance sequences and a love triangle plot.

Let's hope there are more scientist characters in it who travel billions of miles and decide to place their unprotected faces next to xenomorph death-receptacles with vaginal overtones.

Last chance saloon for Sir Ridley. Even though I liked Covenant overall (and the better aspects of Prometheus) he really hasn't delivered on the promise of this franchise and he needs to sort it out with the third film.

And as mentioned above, no more space morons exposing themselves to alien parasites!

Last chance saloon for Sir Ridley. Even though I liked Covenant overall (and the better aspects of Prometheus) he really hasn't delivered on the promise of this franchise and he needs to sort it out with the third film.

And as mentioned above, no more space morons exposing themselves to alien parasites!
He isn't delivering full stop.

I'll be happy to get one more from Ridley, wrap it up and call it a day before he loses it altogether.

He lost it when he hired the script writer from Lost.

Last edited:
I've giving Alien Awakening 3/10 even before it's been shot. Haha!

is there hope for Blomkamp? sounds like franchise reboot down the line, they should keep Scott in a creative consultant capacity.

as According to The Hollywood Reporter last week, FOX will be taking steps to “re-assess” the Alien series

Really disappointed Ridley did not do a better job of these movies. I don't mind them but they are weak compared to 1st 3 movies (yes I like the Fincher one).

It was a chance for the franchise to kick into some life again. I agree Ridley needs to get a handle on this one or risks losing his legacy as a great director [emoji20]

is there hope for Blomkamp? sounds like franchise reboot down the line, they should keep Scott in a creative consultant capacity.

as According to The Hollywood Reporter last week, FOX will be taking steps to “re-assess” the Alien series

That's what you get when you deliver two lacklustre prequels, and promise many more before gauging critical and commercial performance of your latest episode. Could see this coming. Give the public a poor film (in a popular franchise), and it'll come back to bite you in the backside.
Maybe this could finally see Weaver return for Blomkamp's Aliens sequel after all. Assuming James Cameron will allow her some respite from filming 4 Avatar sequels...

I doubt Fox would want to sever ties with Scott and bringing NB back into the fold would no doubt piss off the old man. In my mad world I imagine JC is also not fond of Didley Squats disrespect to his Aliens sequel (as he was to them all) and would give Sigourney his blessing to be in NBs movie, just to get back at Didley.

Of course this is all fiction.

Evolution of the Alien is over. Alien Covenant 2 will focus on David.

Scott;
I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over, but what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.’s. The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one.

Does this mean more fingering?

Oh brother. Was hoping fox would pass on making another one.

Hoping for more Prometheus than Covenant, stick to the engineer stuff.

I don't have a lot of faith in Ridley Scott and feel he's a severely overrated director. But when all the pieces are in place he can deliver a masterpiece.

Lol, this will be another pointless exercise from the sounds of it. If the focus moves away from the Xenomorph then I guess he's going to call it something else entirely.

Lol, this will be another pointless exercise from the sounds of it. If the focus moves away from the Xenomorph then I guess he's going to call it something else entirely.

David: Shroud of Turin :rotfl:

'Less Alien more AI David' from Scott;
We are [going to make another], we are, I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the alien stuff. People say, ‘You need more alien, you need more face pulling, need more chest bursting,’ so I put a lot of that in Covenant and it fitted nicely. But I think if you go again you need to start finding another solution that’s more interesting.”

I think AI is becoming much more dangerous and therefore more interesting."

He tried to move away from the alien in Prometheus. I guess I’m just not going to get over the loss of the Blomkamp project. I just can’t believe it would’ve been worse than these two Scott efforts.

Ridley Scott - Blade Runner 2049 wannabe.

Hell let’s have Blade Runner getaway from all that AI crap and let’s throw some Off World Colony Alien encounters into the mix. ***

I'm (begrudgingly) glad they're going to do one more. Third time's the charm & all that. Plus I don't like the idea of abandoning a trilogy after two films, makes the waste of time even more egregious if it leads nowhere.

Focusing on David might be ok, provided they ditch the pretentious God stuff. AI on the rampage can be good when done properly (eg Hal).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom