1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unterminated cable - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by fraggle, May 5, 2004.

1. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi all,

I'm moving the Tivo and freeview boxes from underneath the TV to the rack and am wondering whats the best way of connecting the three together.

I already have a quality Svideo -> SCART cable feeding the output of the processor to the TV.

I could just get a couple of 5m SCART <-> SCART leads for about £50. I've found the IXOS 131AV 5m SCARTs for £25, but I only need half wired. Do need about 4m + length though.

I could just get one of these and since they're fully wired I could rewire it to give me 2 SCARTS on either end (but one wouldn't have a control wire).

Or I could just do it all myself. But I can't find anywhere that sells a decent quality lead that doesn't cost the earth. It'd need to have RGB+L&R audio+control for the Tivo box, RGB + L&R audio+control for the freeview box, Svideo + L&R audio for the feed from the processor.

I make that 14 screened leads, 2 control + ground.

Anyone know of a cable that would do that lot?

Normal fully wired SCART cable would have 4 x audio + RGB + synch + 2 x composite + 1 control. 4 + 1 control short of what I need.

Any suggestions?

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not amazingly cheap but it's possible retailers sell QED SQART cable by the metre unterminated.

3. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    why not have a word with the cable maestro himself, Mark Grant