1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

untangling spaghetti junction?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by noddingdino, May 19, 2004.

1. noddingdino

noddingdino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people...

I've just ordered a new TV and am after some help...the back of my TV cabinet has always resembled the famous M6 nightmare and I wondered whether you might all be able to give me some pointers...

I know very little about this sort of thing, and am gradually becomming aware that there are good and bad ways of setting this stuff up...with a new telly, I'm really keen to get it all working nicely!

This is what I have...(TV to be delivered in a few days - enough time for me to go out and buy any cables you think i need!)

TV - Panasonic TX32PD30
    DVD - Sony DVP-NS700V
    VCR - SLV-E730
    SAT - Grundig ?

I really don't know what options this gives me, or what cables i should use to tie it all together...so any suggestions appreciated!

I would also like to hear any recommendations for the cables I will need, i don't mind spending a few pounds extra to get decent ones (although don't go mad!)

THANKS in advance...! :thumbsup:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Your new TV is a Nicam model with four scart sockets of which two are RGB enabled. The DVD player should be connected to one RGB scart with a fairly decent scart cable and I would suggest the Thor scart cable which is available at a hefty discount from TV Cables (see special offer forum)

The TV out scart from the Digibox should go to the second RGB enabled scart socket on the TV but as the picture quality transmitted by Sky isn't as good as DVD I would get a reasonable quality scart cable but don't go overboard.

The VCR scart from the Digibox and the next one from the VCR to the TV will only be carrying composite signals and I tend to use the next quality up from the awful freebies.

3. noddingdino

noddingdino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, i'm feeling a bit racy...so thors all round and job done!!! THANKS!!! :thumbsup: