Unsure on Size, Can Buy and return if too big? (John Lewis)

lersince1991

Hi,

I'm about to buy a tv from john lewis (ue32f5500) at £369 with price match.

I am using this as a computer monitor as well, can I buy it online, see if the size is right, then if not return it for a full refund? Really hard to tell whether a 32" is too big when sitting about 1m away.

I would have bought it already if I was sure the size was right, but I am not sure, and nervous about buying and it not being right and getting stuck with it.

Thanks,
Luke

limblee

I doubt you can just return a tv because it doesn't look right.

Have you seen the tv working? If it's possible and in store, I would go to JL as see it in action first, and watch it for a while at the same distance away as you would at home.

lersince1991

I would keep all the packaging carefully together and not pull any stickers off or even tune it in.

I've done all I can to ensure its right, I've seen it in store but difficult to really tell as they always look a lot smaller in a big showroom.

redaprilia

If you want a good resolution monitor ? buying a budget TV will not be the answer unless all you are planning on doing is playing games on it .
What spec graphics card are you going to drive it from . Personally I find being so close to something of that size is odd as your eyes are flicking around all over the place .

lersince1991

Well going to 1080p will be better than what I have at the minute, but granted the pixel density won't be that great.

I'm using it for heavy design work, architecture, photography/editing, Xbox, TV, movies.

The 27" sized screens are very limited in terms of the range. The f5500 isn't a budget tv, it has a high spec and very good picture quality without going to 3D.

It can record to USB, smart tv apps, built in wifi, thin frame, backlit led etc...

Bonker99

Novice Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can return it within 7 days of delivery date for any reason you like if you buy online and JL are the last people who are going to give you a hard time on that I would think ...

Ossie77

I thought 32" would be fine. Now I have a 42" and I am now wondering whether I should have got a 46"!
If you check on a tape measure what that 10 inch difference actually looks like its not much at all!!! We just have in our heads that 40"+ will be ENORMOUS!!! It isn't!

lersince1991

I thought 32" would be fine. Now I have a 42" and I am now wondering whether I should have got a 46"!
If you check on a tape measure what that 10 inch difference actually looks like its not much at all!!! We just have in our heads that 40"+ will be ENORMOUS!!! It isn't!
32" for use as a monitor so any bigger will be way to big ;) think I'm going to go for 32" on an articulating wall mount so I can move it back when using as a monitor and forward for Xbox etc...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom