Unstable video out on AV32R - help please

L

Lord_Fluff

Hi all. Happy owner of an AV32R for some time. We had a power cut at the weekend, and though brief it seems to have sent my system screwy.

As soon as you try to activate any on-screen menu from the TAG, the plasma frame-rolls, off-locks and admits defeat with "No Signal". When no menu is displayed the TAG passes the video signal through just fine.

The TV is fed from the S-video connection. I don't think I can try the composite instead as I 'turned off' those inputs when I set the unit up.

Any ideas? I dont have another display device to see if the plasma has suddenly become more sensitive, though this would seem odd as it's fine in every other respect.

Thanks all.....

I'm not sure this is the solution (frankly I doubt it) but a few years back I had a similar situation, power cut and then weird behaviour. It turned out that they had changed the grounding which affected the performance. I managed to solve it by getting a grounding filter that I attached to my antenna (!) outlet, and, voila, problem solved.

So it might be a grounding issue, try disconnecting everything (especially all cable antenna outlets) and then gradually attach your equipment one by one to see if this is the problem.

Hope you'll figure it out.

You may also try a hard reset on the AV32R.

Luis

Hold in the "Digital"+"THX"+">" buttons then switch unit on. You should get a prompt "Press normal to reset", if you press the "normal" button it will reset.

Luis

If you do this, does it also lose the saved backup file? ie would you have to go though the complete setup again or could you just reload the backup?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom