Unreliable Devolo homeplugs

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Squibfish, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Squibfish

Squibfish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been successfully using a set of 500Mbps homeplugs for about a year. Recently I changed my desktop and at the same time my ISP increased my internet speed. Since then the plug connected to my desktop sometimes stops working overnight and only starts again when unplugged for about 30 seconds.

Is this problem likely to be connected to either of these changes or is it coincidence. Any advice?

Squib

2. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    When you say desktop mate do you mean your PC, new motherboard etc? if so it shouldnt matter but you never know, new lan controllers and all that! Otherwise I'd just guess its coincidence mate, to be fair I doubt much should cause any problems!

3. Squibfish

Squibfish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The whole set up is new (except for a few HDDs). I am pretty sure the new computer isn't the issue because it is the homeplug that stops working rather then just the desktop's internet connection but I figured it might be worth mentioning just in case.

4. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    Aye i know what you mean, it seems suspicious lol totally new kit and the home plugs start playing up! Like you mate I can't see it being anything other than bad timing for them to go a bit faulty, kinda makes you search for reasons :)

5. STdrez625

STdrez625
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Write to devolo and explain your problem, their CS is meant to bve very good. If they think your problem is caused by faulty/non optimum plugs. They will replace them.
    Have you checked to see if there is any sort of powersaving feature that has reared its eco head??. I would think they should "turn off" if left unused for xx hours?

6. spinaltap

spinaltap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    I use a mix of 200 and 500 Devolo plugs on my network...

I suspect, given that you have changed your computer, that you haven't used the Devolo dLAN Cockpit software to re-install your homeplugs - in registering the serial number of each plug so that they all work together.

Failing that, Devolo CS are very good as responding to issues such as yours.