Unreal tournament 2003 out this friday will you buy it

tony kop77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unreal tournament 2003 is out this friday but in the next few weeks we will see a lot of great games coeming out eg mario sunshine this friday iss pro evouloution 2 november 1st championship manager 4 star fox adventures grand theft auto vice city.

Will you be saveing your money for 1 of the other games or will you be buying unreal tournamnet 2003.

I have only read 1 review on this game and it got 91% i have never played online gameing on the pc do i have to find a server or does the game find a server automatically like quake 3 did on the dreamcast.

I have an athlon 1.4mhz 512dr ram 64mb Hercules Kyro II graphics card and 600k broadband connection can anyone tell me if the game will run smoothly as i am not sure if you need a geo force 4 to make it run smooth i know you need a very powerfull pc but i dont know what they class as a powerfull pc nowdays as things change very quickly on the pc specs

i take it you haven`t downloaded the demo of ut2003.you should being on broadband.then you will be able to see how it runs on your pc.the only thing which will harm you is your graohics card.but like i said try the demo then you will know if you want to buy it or not.i will as i love online gaming.but like wise i have mario on order 2.i say buy them if you want them and worry about 2morrow when it comes.:)

Been playing the demo since it came out, online with broadband. Definitely getting it, if I can get it, this week. When the demo was released it was reported that the worldwide internet speed halved, with so many people downloading it. You can join a server or set one up yourself easily.:cool:

I'm really gonna miss broadband, just downloaded the 97Meg demo in 25 mins! And I'll soon be moving to a small town with no broadband and no sign of it in the forseeable future, I must be mad!!!

Andy.

It's beginning to annoy a lot of people I know who cannot get broadband because they live outside the limited 4 mile radius around the exchanges necessary for it. This is not helped by BT heavily advertising broadband adverts on Tv recently.:rolleyes:

ut2003 demo runs fine on my pc with all options maxed. i have an athlon1.8XP with an nforce board (geforce2 eq. on board) and 512 ddr. I downloaded the latest detonator drivers and that really hepled speed things up. just a con to go and buy a new graphics card. the geforce 2/3/4 mx series are all comparable speedwise anyway. what matters is the way you set the card/drivers up. getting the latest ti may be faster but there's basicaly no need, at least perhaps until doom 3 l8 next year.
i had an atholn xp1.6 with ati8500 which was allegedly faster than the geforce3s, but compared to the nforce board setup theres little differnce in use i.e.(MOHAA, comanche4,SOFII, Warcraft3, UT, UNREAL2003 demo) all run the same without difference, only very occasionly under extreme conditions(smoke+snow+lots of action etc.) is there any noticeable dif. only academic really.

so dont worry about your sys spects too much, just some minor jiggery-pokery with settings/drivers and possibly minor overclocking will see u good for a while yet.

aparantly thogh, the demo of unrea2003 has a lot of features missing and the full release will be more of a graphical feast ... weel find out soon enuf though...

I've got an athlon 1.4Ghz, 512Mb DDR and a GeForce 2 and I'm quite happily running the full version of UT2003.

I haven't got everything turned up to the max, but I'm more than happy with how it looks and plays (if you think the demo is good, wait till you get this).

I'm intending on upgrading my gfx card anyway though, probably to a radeon 9700 so it will look/play even better.

I have a hercules grpahics card kyro II would you recomend i download the latest patch for it or justy keep it as it is. I have had the computer a year and havnt downloaded a patch for it yet

aye, its a good idea to update drivers every noe and then to fix bugs and improve performance - sometimes u actually have to for new software/op syst.
the makers of the cards usually release major update drivers 2/3 times a year. not familiar with the kyroII though, but dont think it would be 2 diiferent form nvidia/ati.

how do get frame rates displayed onscreen for the demo?

also for;
SOFII
MOHAA

I am definetley getting Unreal Tournament 2003.For PC though.The PS2's controls or Unreal are too hard that's why i got Unreal Tournament or the Dreamcast.I also played a demo for the pc version and it's fabulous.If I don't get it I'll get my mate to buy it and i'll copy it.:D

Originally posted by veggetto812
.If I don't get it I'll get my mate to buy it and i'll copy it.:D [/B]

ooohhhh :eek: :eek:
you cheeky scamp
there are boards where you'd get a severely smacked bot for even suggesting that :D

Shaun

It's not really bad and please treat me nice as i am new and i am 14.Yes i do love Unreal and I know just about everything about Unreal Tournament for Dreamcast.:D

been playing unreal t 2003 demo for a few weeks and have just got full version. Really good, excellent graphics but on facing worlds 3 when inside a tower the graphics blacks out while running until you stop and ideas?

play over works lan on pent 4 2's, 1GB ram on xp

cheers

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom