Unreal Engine 5

Before people start moaning its a PS5 video. This engine is coming to all next gen consoles and PC.

Before people start moaning its a PS5 video. This engine is coming to all next gen consoles and PC.

Ha no one will moan on this Peasant Side !

Unreal Engine 5 is coming in late 2021.

Xbox Game Studios using Unreal Engine:

Compulsion Games
Double Fine
inXile
Ninja Theory
Mojang
Obsidian
Playground Games (rumored)
Rare
The Coalition
The Initiative
Undead Labs
XGS Publishing

Is it just me who never takes these tech demo's too seriously? See them every time but I guess the thirst is there given the lacklustre event from MS last week and Sony's silence.

They always look amazing. Then whey the game arrives its a shadow of what was demo's. Still cool tho

All boads well for xbox with the extra POWA
3o84sq21TxDH6PyYms.gif

Thanks for sharing - he seems know his stuff and offers a balanced analysis.

With any luck Microsoft will show if some gameplay at it’s July event so we can properly see the engine in action.

UE5 isn’t available to devs till next year, in beta.....
End of next year for actual release.

So how does that work? They’ve confirmed its being built on UE5 but not available til next year...so develop on UE4 and then port over? Can’t imagine that’s particularly easy...

Epic have said that it’s relatively straight forward to move from UE4 to UE5.

Xbox game studios will hope that this is the case as lots of the studios work in UE- rare and the coalition included. I think that the initiatives new game (rumoured to be a new perfect dark) is also being built on UE.

So how does that work? They’ve confirmed its being built on UE5 but not available til next year...so develop on UE4 and then port over? Can’t imagine that’s particularly easy...

I think from memory Epic said they had an updated version of Unreal 4, which is 4.25, which includes more next gen capability and will also allow relatively easy transition to Unreal 5 when available. So expect they're working on this and various things Epic have confirmed UE5 will be able to do better.

So the new Chapter of Fortnite was released on Sunday and along with it some UE5 bells and whistles which I think is the first game to use it on PC and Current Gen Consoles.

I loaded it up last night and yes the art style might not show it off but some of the lighting and the effects is impressive from the previous version of the game.

More details here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom