Unreal Engine 5

Cha1ky

Before people start moaning its a PS5 video. This engine is coming to all next gen consoles and PC.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Before people start moaning its a PS5 video. This engine is coming to all next gen consoles and PC.
Ha no one will moan on this Peasant Side !

Unreal Engine 5 is coming in late 2021.

Xbox Game Studios using Unreal Engine:

Compulsion Games
Double Fine
inXile
Ninja Theory
Mojang
Obsidian
Playground Games (rumored)
Rare
The Coalition
The Initiative
Undead Labs
XGS Publishing

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Is it just me who never takes these tech demo's too seriously? See them every time but I guess the thirst is there given the lacklustre event from MS last week and Sony's silence.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
They always look amazing. Then whey the game arrives its a shadow of what was demo's. Still cool tho

guttersnipez

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Thanks for sharing - he seems know his stuff and offers a balanced analysis.

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Hellblade 2 confirmed to be built using UE5.
With any luck Microsoft will show if some gameplay at it’s July event so we can properly see the engine in action.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
So how does that work? They’ve confirmed its being built on UE5 but not available til next year...so develop on UE4 and then port over? Can’t imagine that’s particularly easy...

sleepylaser

Epic have said that it’s relatively straight forward to move from UE4 to UE5.

Xbox game studios will hope that this is the case as lots of the studios work in UE- rare and the coalition included. I think that the initiatives new game (rumoured to be a new perfect dark) is also being built on UE.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
So how does that work? They’ve confirmed its being built on UE5 but not available til next year...so develop on UE4 and then port over? Can’t imagine that’s particularly easy...
I think from memory Epic said they had an updated version of Unreal 4, which is 4.25, which includes more next gen capability and will also allow relatively easy transition to Unreal 5 when available. So expect they're working on this and various things Epic have confirmed UE5 will be able to do better.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Top Bottom