Unreal Engine 5

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Xbox is the most powerful on paper, however is it the fastest? I hate to keep beating the same drum but the SSD in the PS5 is what seems to be getting the industry excited. It would seem the SSD in the Series X is a standard drive with no extra special sauce.
Megatons and now Special Sauce.....i've gone back in time !!

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Never mind speed and power before all that rubbish kicks off.

What if it was just an exclusive deal to show it off on PS5?
I think you may be on to something,

But reading the various comments from Sweeney I think Epic is likely one of the developers that Sony have collaborated closely with on the design of PS5, in particular the SSD and I/O optimistation and the Geometry Engine, all of which they said the demo incorporated.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member

GeneticMutation

Never mind speed and power before all that rubbish kicks off.

What if it was just an exclusive deal to show it off on PS5?
I read that Sony and Epic have been very close during the PS5 development and this is why they introduced their new engine on the PS5. Whether it was an exclusive deal or not I have no idea.

EDIT: @zt1903 beat me to it.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I'll put this in here, as it's related to the engine reveal - but this timelapse of the statues from the demo created in Dreams is amazing:

Last edited:

Cha1ky

“The ability to stream in content at extreme speeds enables developers to create denser and more detailed environments, changing how we think about streaming content. It’s so impactful that we’ve rewritten our core I/O subsystems for Unreal Engine with the PlayStation 5 in mind,”

apolloa

Distinguished Member
A truly beautiful demo clearly highlighting the power of the PS5 and hardware accelerated ray tracing. It’s the most exciting next gen announcement we’ve seen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom