Question Unpair LG remote from the TV.. Odd situation.

nonsoloinglese

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am in a strange situation, in a moment of exasperation I have hidden the TV from the children on New Years eve. Since then I cannot for the life of me find it. However when I sat down to watch some NFL the other night I noticed I couldn't, from my Logitech harmony or sky remote, get the volume to come up.

I got the settings menu up by using the LG app, however I noticed it was constantly scrolling down, as if it was squashed somewhere with the down button pressed. Is there any way I can unpair the remote from the tv/harmony remote?

A stuck button on the set itself (not the remote) would also give the same symptoms.

I am pulling my hair out, kids also been bribed with £10 if they find it.

May sound bizarre but if the remote is IR (the C range is RF) you could walk around the tv room holding a mirror or tray to see if any position stops the scrolling etc. this may help you to narrow down your search.

power cycling the tv does nothing - if I bring up the 'tv settings' from the remote app, it continually cursors down as quickly as possible then loops. If i manage to get the volume up, it just goes down to zero very quickly.

power cycling the tv does nothing - if I bring up the 'tv settings' from the remote app, it continually cursors down as quickly as possible then loops. If i manage to get the volume up, it just goes down to zero very quickly.
I'll ask again...your TV has buttons on it, all TV's have Vol & Ch +/- and standby buttons for those situations where you don't have a remote.
These can cause your symptoms if they’re stuck or partially stuck-down and this can often happen due to over-zealous cleaning with polish, cleaning products, damp cloth or liquid spill.
Your TV's user manual will show you where these buttons (or multi-function joystick) is if you don't know.

I'll ask again...your TV has buttons on it, all TV's have Vol & Ch +/- and standby buttons for those situations where you don't have a remote.
These can cause your symptoms if they’re stuck or partially stuck-down and this can often happen due to over-zealous cleaning with polish, cleaning products, damp cloth or liquid spill.
Your TV's user manual will show you where these buttons (or multi-function joystick) is if you don't know.

Sorry, there are all fine and not blocked, there is clearly something holding down volume button.

Ok so remote found and no buttons were pressed, what is interesting is that it does seem like some of the buttons under the tv are jammed. It doesn't feel like they are jammed but i still get the ridiculous scroll down when in the menu system. Is there any cure for this?

Unplug any equipment from the TV other than the terrestrial aerial (if you have one connected) and see if the scrolling stops.
You haven’t given us the TV's model number or said if your TV is under warranty.
If it is you should contact the retailer you bought it from.

It’s a b7 that is still under warranty ans recently had its panel replaced.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom