UNO: What an ace game!

SportiveUK

Established Member
Reaction score
I played UNO for the first time last night and am totally hooked now! I had never even heard of the game before but it makes such a nice change just to sit, relax and play cards!

I have however noticed that the AI definitely favours the CPU players. Now I can't say that I am an expert at "counting cards" but the proportion of wild cards that the CPU players appear to get compared to me, on a regular basis, is alarming!

It is certainly good fun though and I'm most happy :D Do other gamers enjoy this as much as me?

Yep, it's a great game - even better in multi-player. Surprised you haven't heard of it though, it's a card classic!

I'd never heard of it till I got it on Live which was some time ago now.....Not played it for a while but i do remember some good nights (drunk) playing it on live......good investment!

Top quality game although I agree the AI sux but who cares really, human players are much more fun.

I've not felt the computer treats a human any different to another player but I feel the computer never thinks past his own hand. It won't choose not to shaft someone with a penalty card if they are doing badly. As a human, I'm more likely to hang for an opportunity to shaft whoever is winning!

Four humans taking this approach is quite interesting as unspoken alliances form during a round! This never happens with the computer.

Plus you get to see some very strange things via the WebCams. :eek:
It's not just me then!

The XBLA crowd are a distinct sub-group of 360 gamers. Probably more interested in the social aspects of gaming, more open to novel game designs, that kind of thing.

It seems Vision Cam owners are a distinct subgroup too. So far, I've been treated to a movie of some guy's cat licking its balls (its fortunately, not his), in mouth shots, down trouser shots, up skirt shots, horror masks, concerts beamed straight to my home...

UNO is definitely a different experience to mini-golf.

Great little game, I got really addicted to it a while ago and even downloaded all the extra decks for the nice little variants in gameplay.

Indeed, Cool game.
Plus you get to see some very strange things via the WebCams. :eek:

Very strange things indeed, infact i was so disturbed seeing 3 men doing things to themselves that should only be done in the confines of ones private space, i have actually stopped playing for a while.

Why didn't they just set themselves a private room, so not to let me in, and watch my eyes bleed!

I had a brief game with binning27 last night. He let me watch his fish... Which was nice :)

I also got the 10 wins online achievement :)

I'm guessing you can turn the camera off so you don't have to see all the wierdness, but... it's kinda compelling :D

I'm guessing you can turn the camera off so you don't have to see all the wierdness, but... it's kinda compelling :D

You can and I do as I don't think it adds anything to the game. The only time I would turn it on is if I was playing with a friend where you generally know what to expect.

I don't usually use my headset for the same reasons. I'd rather play and enjoy the game than be sworn at for making an opponent pick up cards because he failed to call "UNO".

Still a superb game though :smashin:

Naked UNO is a big :lesson: Also people on the headset that just want a chat with others. :nono:

Thats why I don't play it any more.:mad:

Anyone looking forward to Uno Rush?
I love Uno and can't wait for this one:smashin:

UNO RUSH™ is a challenging and exciting party card game for up to four players. Developed by the same Microsoft team that brought the original, best-selling UNO® to Xbox LIVE® Arcade, UNO RUSH™ boasts exciting gameplay and social features – multiple variants, house-rule options, local and Xbox LIVE multiplay, camera support, avatar support, full XSAM (LIVE Party Chat) support and more – plus fast-placed gameplay to keep the party going! Sort your cards whenever you have a second to think, because they’re played automatically on your turn. Think fast, keep an eye on your opponents’ cards, predict the flow of play, and above all, don’t forget to call UNO!

UNO RUSH™ is a challenging and exciting party card game for up to four players. Developed by the same Microsoft team that brought the original, best-selling UNO® to Xbox LIVE® Arcade, UNO RUSH™ boasts exciting gameplay and social features – multiple variants, house-rule options, local and Xbox LIVE multiplay, camera support, avatar support, full XSAM (LIVE Party Chat) support and more – plus fast-placed gameplay to keep the party going! Sort your cards whenever you have a second to think, because they’re played automatically on your turn. Think fast, keep an eye on your opponents’ cards, predict the flow of play, and above all, don’t forget to call UNO!

I can't wait for it. I spent so much time playing UNO on those lazy hungover days, this will fill the void of over playing the original with a nice twist on it.

This thread piqued my interest so I downloaded the UNO demo last night and have to agree, what a cracking little game :thumbsup:

I didn't win a single round in the short time I played but really enjoyed it so thanks for highlighting this gem.

Love a bit of Uno with a custom sound track playing in the background - mostly In Rainbows at the moment.

My favourite tactic is when I can only play a "wild draw 4" card, I sit there for about 25 seconds - giving the impression that I'm deciding to play the 4 draw or another card. When I lay the 4 draw, the victim invariably challenges me and has to pick up 6 rather than 4.:devil:

Mark Mac

My favourite tactic is when I can only play a "wild draw 4" card, I sit there for about 25 seconds - giving the impression that I'm deciding to play the 4 draw or another card. When I lay the 4 draw, the victim invariably challenges me and has to pick up 6 rather than 4.:devil:

Mark Mac

I do the same thing. Very satisfying :devil:

This is one of the best xbox live arcade games i ever dowloaded and the first one i got 200/200 for. Spend i lot time playing this on like with the kameo theme decks. What a game :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom