Unlocking Tesco iPhone 4

kyoball87

Standard Member
Hi,

I recently bought an iPhone 4 that is locked to Tesco via ebay. I have read around this site and it seems that some people have luck unlocking their iPhones via Vodafone and O2, even though the iPhone isn't registered or locked to Vodafone or O2. So my questions are:

1. Is it possible for me to unlock my Tesco iPhone 4 by just calling up Tesco and telling them the IMEI number? And then paying the £20.

2. If that's not possible, would it be feasible for me to unlock the iPhone via the Vodafone or O2 website? If so, how do I do it?

I was just debating if I should just re-sell this iPhone 4 and getting an Orange one (that's my current sim contract).

Thanks for reading guys and I hope to hear back from you soon.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member

kyoball87

Standard Member
Thanks for that guys. I was just exploring my options. I rang Tesco earlier and they mentioned that the previous iPhone 4 owner would have to unlock the iPhone on his iTunes account. Is that true? If so, is there any way around it?

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Soz mate for the late reply.

I think yeah maybe the previous owner may have to unlock it with the code Tesco will give him. I'm not 100% sure tho. I'm about to do the same with O2 when i get my code, but that could be a bit late for you.

But I'm sure with code in hand, making an appointment with and Apple Genius may also garner a result.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Soz mate for the late reply.

I think yeah maybe the previous owner may have to unlock it with the code Tesco will give him. I'm not 100% sure tho. I'm about to do the same with O2 when i get my code, but that could be a bit late for you.

But I'm sure with code in hand, making an appointment with and Apple Genius may also garner a result.

Simian Sibling

Distinguished Member
I don't think there is actually a physical code sent to you its just done remotely and when you next connect the phone to iTunes it connects to apples servers unlocks it. This is what has happened to both my last 2 phones from Vodafone. I don't even think you need an iTunes account to do this?

I might be wrong and stand corrected if I am!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom