Unlocking an Orange K750i

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by BigTCustoms, Mar 23, 2006.

1. BigTCustoms

BigTCustoms
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm looking at changing from my truely terrible Samsung E720 to an alternative phone. The two that have caught my eye are the Nokia N70 and the SE K750i. I've been offered both 2nd hand for reasonable prices however they both are on the Orange network, my existing deal is with O2. I was leaning towards the K750i and after looking through these forums I learn that the N70 can only be unlocked by Orange, so definatly rules that one out.

My question is, is it possible and whats the best way to go about unlocking an Orange k750i so that i can use it with my O2 sim card?? I heard there could be potential problems with Orange using them stupid "orange buttons" on there phone screens?? Would unlocking wipe these out and start afresh when my O2 sim was inserted??

Thanks!

2. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    You'll need a spacial unlock cable and 2 credits, one to unlock and one to debrand.

Have a look here mate, might just be what you're after...

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/sonyericssonremoteunlock.htm

you can buy all the crap yourself and do it, or send it in to them.

Seems a bit of a pain in the arse process to me. Gone are the days of finding a working unlock code in Google!

I actually have a 5 day old unlocked K750i on eBay at the moment, with 512MB Pro Duo. It was on O2 but works with any sim. the only branding is a few wallpapers and screen savers that cant be deleted, although they dont have to be used.

PM me if interested and I'll send you the link, dont think I'm allowed to post it here.