Unlocking an iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by dennis55, Apr 7, 2018.

1. dennis55

dennis55
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I bought an iPhone but it's on a different network to my sim only contract. I'm currently on EE but this iPhone is locked to Vodafone. I visited a local phone shop who said i needed a code from Vodafone? I contacted Vodafone who told me I had to buy a sim and use the phone for a month then ask at one of the Vodafone shops to unlock it. After chatting with a few people, they say take it to a phone shop and they will unlock it straight away for a charge?

I have taken a look on youtune and there are so many different clip showing how to do it but, which one would be best and simple without too much a cost.

2. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    Only the original carrier can unlock it.

3. Dave X

Dave X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    There are some unlockers on eBay who appear to be able to request iPhone unlocks, but even they seem to need the phone to have been used on Vodafone for 30 days before it can be processed (unlike other networks like o2 where they can process them almost instantly and get the unlocked sorted in a few days).

@dennis55

Best bet is to get a PAYG Voda sim and activate it, after the 30 days you can request the unlock to be processed on the Vodafone website without going into one of their shops.

They are very quick to process after the request is made, took 2 days iirc on the last one I did.

Unlock Your Phone – Using Your Device - Vodafone