Unlocking all achievements / Characters ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by nickyboyc, Dec 31, 2006.

1. nickyboyc

nickyboyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

I recently got a xbox 360 for christmas, but I'm not really a 'hardcore' gamer, as in I won't complete every game I own and unlock all the achievements / characters etc...

I only play when my friends are round and we play pro evo or a fighting game etc... but it's getting on my nerves a bit that nearly all the games are locked till you've got the achievements or completed them. For example burnout revenge theres only 2 cars and 2 tracks when you first start the game... all I want to do is mess around with my friends for an hour every now and again but yet I'm restricted in that enjoyment until I actually cover ever aspect of that game to unlock it.

Is there anyway round this on any game ?

Cheers
    Nick

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    unlocking tracks on burnout has nothing to do with achievements you simply have to progress in the game by winning the level:suicide: then you'll get more cars/tracks

3. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    On the PSX (blimey, that's going back a few years!) I bought a memory card that basically had save games on it for Tekken 3 so I could unlock all the characters. I guess things like that are a little more difficult to do now because the saves are related to your profile.

You're just going to have to put the time in and play the games.

4. gingin

gingin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    im not really interested in this myself but have you tried buying an xbox mag like "xbox 360" the sometimes contain tip books which unlock various things in the games.

this months mag defo does as i have it!, you do stuff like enter passwords of type in a new profile etc.

hope this helps

5. Cygnus311

Cygnus311

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not really that hard or frustrating to unlock cars and tracks in BR. If you just play around with your friends like you said they will come quick. By no means do you have to unlock all achievments to enjoy that game. In fact the vast majority in that game don't even go towards unlocking cars and stuff and really have no bearing on the enjoyment to be had. This is also the case with a lot of other games but you can't expect to pop in a new game and it lets you start 5 levels in or something. Just play the game and beat the challenges as they come. You'll find that's more satisfying in the end anyway.

6. Sy1441

Sy1441

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Can you not download game saves and transfer them onto the hard disk which would unlock the characters and stuff but not give any gamerpoints ?

7. Theta

Theta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i have to agree with nickyboyc, sure its nice to have the odd extra to unlock but the way some game designers have been going really makes me quite annoyed as its the principle of the thing.

Why when you've forked out like £40 for a new game do you find out that to play all the maps or characters etc in multiplayer you have to work for it!?, it really does take the **** sometimes to be quite honest, its not like most people can't get them but there certainly are some frustrating things that have to be done sometimes, when all that many people want is a quick bit of fun for a hour here or there with friends. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it doesn't hurt to have the option, you can try to get it or you can enter a code from the manual to unlock them, its just unacceptable that we pay and only get half a game sometimes until we work for the rest, if the story and game play is good this sort of rubbish shouldn't be needed, im the sort of gamer that if after a certain amount of time i can't complete something or just can't be bothered due to annoyance, i can happily accept it and would like the option to move on and see the rest of the story, games are meant to be fun not frustrating or force you to work for what you've paid for, having said all that the odd small extra to unlock is ok in my book as long as its not stupidly hard to achieve.

8. Theta

Theta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would that work both ways for backups as well?

9. OmniFox

OmniFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  10. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I do kind of agree for multiplayer. Everything should be available from the start otherwise the less dedicated players are at a massive disadvantage.

11. Theta

Theta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well thats the thing, there are hardly any worth while or proper cheats for the majority of games these days, proper cheats are starting to seem like a thing of the past, now you'll be lucky to find a useful or interesting bug, everything extra is only available if you work for it, these are games not jobs for goodness sake, im so glad ive never bothered with mmorpg's as they are work yet addictive to many it seems. :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway. :)

12. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    Heaven forbid you have to work to acheive something :rolleyes:

You know the reason alot of people like games where you work or "grind" to get stuff is be cause the payoff or the sense of achievement at the end tends to be greater then if the activity was easy.

13. Theta

Theta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What happened to having options or playing for fun pure and simple or even being engrossed in a good story and adventure where the pay off is some decent fun entertainment?, the only achievements you have to work for and that are actually worthwhile are real things not virtual, but like I said I don't mind the odd extra after completing the game its just sad and sometimes annoying to see the way many game designers are going by making you work for a big chunk of it.

14. TomWilko

TomWilko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Burnout Revenge...play through the game with your mates. Thats what we did and got really far into it very quickly. It was pretty fun as well, although I do sympathise with games being locked down a lot these days. Can be annoying when you first start but as things unlock it does get very good.

15. SquintingBadger

SquintingBadger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there's a difference between games like Burnout which lock everything out and force you to grind through it, and games like DOA4 where most of the game is available at the start, but grinding through it unlocks improvements (i.e. extra costumes) and hidden characters etc...

The Burnout style completely puts me off. PGR3 is the same, I just can't be bothered following the dreary career mode - which basically renders the game useless.

16. fartstinkson

fartstinkson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    With most games you can buy the unlocks. If you go to Games/Played Games click on your game and then downloads it will tell you what you can buy for your game. Just checked on Tiger Woods 07 for example you can buy a maxed out golfer, unlock all golfers, own the pro-shop, unlock all the courses and buy Sunday Tiger!!

Suppose there is an argument 'why should i pay to unlock when ive payed £40 for the game'.