unlocking a samsung galaxy ace 2 gt-18160 for free

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by bashman40, Jan 31, 2016.

1. bashman40

bashman40
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi guys is there any software out there that i can download and unlock my device for free as it’s an old phone and i don’t really fancy paying to have this done. Any links or advise would be appreciated.

2. KayCS

KayCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    For what’s it worth you’d probably get an unlock code on EBay for a couple of pounds.

Be wary of online folk saying they have free software to unlock your phone as a lot of them involves having to sign up to a premium text services before they allow the so say free software and even then I suspect the software is full of malware.

3. bashman40

bashman40
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    its on EE atm and i cant find anything that will cost less then £10 which seems alot for an old phone

4. KayCS

KayCS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I had that problem with an EE Nokia 635 and was £22 to unlock from EE but only £1:99p from any other network.

It’s the first time I have come across this as the first thing I ever do before buying a new phone is to look to see how much it is to unlock or if indeed a unlock can even be had. Having looked up the 635 and seen the £1:99 I thought great and put the order in for the phone and was knocked back when I realised that EE phones are more expensive to unlock. Never had this before.

I was OK in the end as the phone came with a compulsory top up of £10 and I used that to get the phone unlocked by EE themselves who charge £8:99 and if you’re not on contract they take the payment from your PAYG balance.

Article

5. bashman40

bashman40
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have found the same EE mobiles are hard to unlock at a reasonable price if you have not brought it directly from EE.

might just try the jail break as its not an expensive mobile